PDA

View Full Version : scene editor crashes 9.2

petertripp
07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
hi everyone,
i've been using 9.2 on a mac pro (intel mac) for a few weeks now. everything has been working great except: in layout, when i open the scene editor, layout immediately crashes.

this only happens when i am working with objects that have been created in 9.2. i can open the scene editor in 9.2 if the objects in the scene were created in 9.0.

i can also open the scene editor in 9.0 - of course this is only using objects created in 9.0.

has anyone else experienced this?

any suggestions as to why it's happening, and what i might do to fix it?

some other information - when in modeler, my 'send object to layout' doesn't work either. it acts like it's going to open layout, then i get a message from the hub that says something like 'process is already running', and layout never opens.

i don't know if these two things are related, but possibly?

thanks very much for any help,
peter

simonwoods
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm getting this with the scene editor in 9.2 also.

I'm using a G5, (not intel) Its driving me nuts, I have said before, I'll go back to 8.5, cos I get the constant crashes in layout, and the problems with the hub. I reported it, but no answers there

simonwoods
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
It's doing it 2nite, and its really annoying - I keep forgetting 8.5 doesnt have edges, so its like going back to the stone age already - but I cant do with all these crashes, I wish something would be done, its virtually unusable when you got so far with a project, only to find you better off not using the latest thng - grrr

simonwoods
07-24-2007, 06:04 PM
OK-I just found out, go to Edit Menu Layout, and change to studio production style, from 8.5 style, then you an open the scene editor - hope this helps! ;)

simonwoods
08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry bout all those replies - they are nonsense - I'm new(ish) to LW and dint realise 1/2 what I do now -

The Scene Editor continues to crash, and your right, it doesn't do it with files created in 9.0

I'm at a total loss - also I find files are not rendered to where I ask, they are put in the main directory