PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit hassles - key not registering

Animapper
07-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Over the past few days I've been dealing with Newtek tech support on this issue and although we have yet to determine the problem, we may have found a configuration to avoid.

I installed 64 bit vista on another drive (E:) on one of my production boxes. The sentinel drivers are at 7.4.0 for 64bit and everything else is kosher. I can't get the license key to work no matter what we try. The only thing left we are assuming, is that the OS is not installed on the C: drive. If anyone else has seen this, please talk about what you did, if anything, to make it work.

At this point, I'm bringing the box down and re-installing everything to the c: drive after deleting all the other drives. Hmmmm.....

Sekhar
07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Before re-installing, also try Sentinel 7.3.2 - I know that works for me with Vista 64 (on C: though).

Bog
07-13-2007, 07:24 AM
I'll try that as well. My "permenant" 9.2 key gives me 14 days (I think my 64 bit box's system clock is wound back to March now), and the beta key is just plain Not Found, welcome to Discovery Mode.

If the earlier dongle driver works, then I'll letcha know.

nemac4
07-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I had the same problem for a while until I realized that the drivers for the usb ports in my monitors were not installed. :)

Try rebooting too... if you haven't already.

nemac4
07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
BTW,. 7.1 drivers works for me on XP64

Bog
07-13-2007, 08:21 AM
7.2.2 - no joy, not seen at all

Sekhar
07-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Try 7.3.2, not 7.2.2 (unless you made a typo). Also, I saw another thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71096) saying the driver on the NT site is bad; be sure to download from the Sentinel site.

Bog
07-14-2007, 05:17 AM
I've just put the one from the Safenet site back on (7.4.0, the only one I can find). The 7.3.2 and 7.2.2 drivers that I could find on t'internet for XP64 didn't see the dongle at all. The 7.4.0 from the Safenet site put me in the countdown "You have 6 days left on your temporary license key" mode with 9.2

I'm getting *really* bored of this, you know?

If anyone's had this issue and resolved it with a different version Sentinel driver, can they please post a hyperlink to where I could download it from?

Animapper
07-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Ok folks,

I got it working. I removed three of the four drives so I only had the one c drive. I booted from the vista business dvd and started fresh including a low level format. updated all system files - (pleasantly, all my hardware including a 7900gtx was updated with correct 64bit drivers.) I installed sentinel 7.4.0. first. Then I installed 9.2. and did not install the safenet package when it was presented.

After entering the correct numbers into the reg. utility, I got the dreaded 14 day trial message. I then opened the license.key file and edited it to include the correct 64 bit license. Saved it out from notepad and surprise - it worked!!

It seems there is something blocking the registration utility from writing to the license file. Also make sure you open the ports for Layout, HUB and Modeler to get through the firewall.

Man, i love technology! What a fiasco...

Animapper
07-14-2007, 02:30 PM
It was definitely tied to the c: drive issue. Unless anyone has successfully installed vista 64bit on another drive letter than c:, I would say it won't work. BTW, I did enter the license key by hand before the re-install and it still didn't work.

Regards,