PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Problem



Lowly Designer
07-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi folks,

I'm having a major problem at the moment with the lighting in my scene.

If you take a look at the attached file you'll see the render on the left which is what I had last week.

The image on the right is what I'm getting now - after changing nothing in the model except for the logo in the bottom corner of the unit.

I have not altered any other settings or models or lighting yet suddenly the scene is getting blasted out with light. I'm using the building light probe HDR pic as an env map with backdrop radiosity applied but have not changed the HDR file at all.

The only thing that has changed since I did the first render is I now have CS3 Master collection on my machine which I installed the other day.

Is there any known conflicts between these apps? and can someone shed some light on how to fix the problem?

Oh and I also created 2 other files with the same animation in them but with differing AC units which were all fine last week but now are suffering the same problem - I haven't even touched those files or models. Bizarre!!!!


Regards
LD

Bytehawk
07-12-2007, 10:30 AM
did the cs3 master collection install any monitor calibration software ?

Lowly Designer
07-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Bytehawk - I don't think so nothing unusual as far as I'm aware, however I don't think this is a monitor problem as other files have not changed just this one.

I can't believe it - I'm erring now on the side that I must have inadvertantly altered the roomset model somehow, I don't know how though.

It's really annoying as I had just finished these animations for a client and they made one simple amend to add the logo and now I have three useless files completely altered from the original animations. I've got to go back and re-render these 3 files again (3 days render time each) for them as the lighting has changed so much I don't know how to make it look like the originals. (next time I'll duplicate everything then I'll always have a file that should be correct).

It's very embarrasing and it's never happened to me before which is why I'm so surprised.

Bytehawk
07-13-2007, 05:21 AM
look if you have adobegamma running in the task manager.

are you using the same version of lw to render the new sequence, there have been some changes to the render engine lately.

Lowly Designer
07-16-2007, 03:12 AM
Bytehawk, Adobegamma? not sure if this is relevant on a mac however I checked the activity monitor for any processes called Adobegamma and ther were none running. I remember OS9 did have an Adobegamma Control panel/extension however it was purely for screen control only and didn't affect applications output.

Added to which both scenes were rendered in 9.2, (still havent got the hang of the new anti-aliasing features on the camera yet but these arn't the issue here), on the same machine just on different days.

What a nightmare I'm having to resurrect these files by guessing at what went wrong and re-adjusting the lighting on the whole scene. The slightest minor adjustment throws a huge change across the whole render and since there are millions of variables with this lighting calculation and the fact I don't know what caused the problem in the first instance basically means theres no way of finding the same setup as before. Or at least one chance in a million - which I don't have time for.:bangwall:

I have even tried re-installing lightwave just in case there was some bizarre issue there but to no avail.

Cheers for the suggs Bytehawk I'm just going to have to grin and bear it with the client methinks.:twak: