PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe Rendering

usul
07-11-2007, 06:50 AM
I have a little question for u.
Can I, with lightwave 9, make a render like this in the attachment?
i want to use this software for interior design, and is essential for me to show the sintetic project in perspective to the costumer.
(only black and white)

Thank u for the response.

Andyjaggy
07-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Of coarse it is possible. You have several ways you could experience with. You might be able to do it with cell shading. You also have options to render wireframe in the render global panal, and you have the edges options in the object properties. You can assign each flat area a different surface and then tell LW to render in between different surfaces with a black line. Keep in mind I think you have to use the classic camera with the edge options though.

Also check out the AS polygon coloring plugin. It's free and will assige every polygon in your model a different surface with no two polygons sharing the same surface so that you can render out SUB D objects as wireframes.

LAV
07-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Of coarse it is possible. ...

It's not a so coarse rendering... clean one, indeed :D

Bytehawk
07-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I have no luck using the as polygon coloring plugin in 9.2, can anyone confirm this?

art
07-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I just tried it in the release version (build 1165 Win32 24 Apr-2007)
Is it crashing your modeler or there is some other problem?

Andyjaggy
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
No problems here. It is a little weird though. I have to run it the plugin then save the object and close it. Then reopen the object run the plugin again. Close the object. Then you can do whatever you want with it. I think that was my workflow, but it has been a few months since I last used it.

art
07-11-2007, 08:41 AM
What happens (or does not happen) after you run it the first time?

Maxx
07-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I've had no problems with the AS_polygon_coloring plugin. Just used it the other day, as a matter of fact. What specific problems are people having?

Bytehawk
07-11-2007, 09:19 AM
must be my memory failing (the human kind)
I recall having crashes last time I used it (in modeler)