PDA

View Full Version : kaydara motion builder

Pensart
02-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Anyone played with kaydara's motion builder yet? Its a very attractive pricetag for a personal version "student/freelancer" etc..

Karl Hansson
02-21-2003, 12:44 AM
The personal version ($100) is a one year license only and will expire after a year. Sounds like a expencive demo to me. However the real Motionbuilder package has a 80% discount until april 15th. Ive been looking at kaydara motionbuilder for while and from what I seen it is sweet though I find it abit pricy. You can read a review about motionbuilder in 3D world magazine issue 34 (www.3dworldmag.com).

The 3D worlds "verdict" for motion builder was:

Range of features: scores 9 out of 10
Value for money: scores 8 out of 10
Overall: scores 8 out of 10

Pros: "Drag-and-drop animation is a joy to behold. FBX format is a winner. Amazing workflow."

Cons: "For animation and open gl rendering only. At 1280x1024, interface can still feel cramped. A little unstable at times."

Mabe I'll put my spenderpants on later on.

Pensart
02-21-2003, 04:19 AM
Karl, thanks for posting, i have that issue of 3dworld and totally forgot to read the review :eek:

The only thing i'm a little afraid of is how mutch it is going to cost when the year is finished, i think u know what i mean :rolleyes:

Greetz!!

Karl Hansson
02-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Well to my understanding the $100 version will stop working after a year. The real version, that one with 80% discount ($895 instead of the regular price $4190) will keep on working and during the first year you get all support and upgrades for free. The question is what the upgrades will cost after that first year.

Discount promotions will no doubt come again. So if your unsure that you want to pay $895 for an application that you dont know buy the $100 version and if you are pleased with the application you can catsh the next pormotion.

Pensart
02-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Well ive place the order this afternoon.
What could go wrong :p
If they raise the price to mutch after that year, then there's still lw8 :rolleyes:
(i hope)

All regards.

Karl Hansson
02-22-2003, 12:32 AM
Im thinking of doing the same. Did you go for the $100 deal?

Pensart
02-22-2003, 03:53 AM
Yp, just follow the link at their site.
The only thing that is "a little bit" sad, is that u can only order it by mail, not by downloading.
But its ok.
I already received a mail of the shipment, Hope it doest take that long (To Belgium).

All reagards.