PDA

View Full Version : VT4 had delays in live switching

aferrin
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I am new to the Newtek world.

I purchased a VT4 to use in a production room switching a live 5 camera, 3 replay feed to a football stadium jumbotron.

:thumbsdow
I have had nothing but problems this year. Long story short. I am on my third VT4 card - running it on a Windows XP system. (3.0 ghz, 3.25 RAM, with 2 300 Gb HD's).

The issues I am dealing with involve a delay in the switches. Some cuts are clean. Others have a 1, 2, or 3 frame freeze before the cut takes.

With sports, even a 1 or 2 frame delay is noticeable and unacceptable...
Anyone out there experience this problem before?!

Blaine Holm
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Any system that has a DVE HAS to have a least a one frame delay.....are you camera's genlocked? If so, the delay should be no more than 2 frames, not noticible by most people. The Grass Valley Indigo, nearly twice the cost of a VT system has a 4 frame delay when doing a pic-n-pic.

tfrank
07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
The issues I am dealing with involve a delay in the switches. Some cuts are clean. Others have a 1, 2, or 3 frame freeze before the cut takes.

Is it a delay or are you seeing video actually freezing?

SBowie
07-10-2007, 09:08 PM
And are you switching between the Preview Row and Main using Take or Auto, or simply clicking directly on the Switcher buttons?

aferrin
07-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Any system that has a DVE HAS to have a least a one frame delay.....are you camera's genlocked? If so, the delay should be no more than 2 frames, not noticible by most people. The Grass Valley Indigo, nearly twice the cost of a VT system has a 4 frame delay when doing a pic-n-pic.

I am using the internal genlock. Possibly there are timing issues on the internal genlock. As I mentioned, some cuts are clean (no frozen frames), others have delay.

aferrin
07-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Is it a delay or are you seeing video actually freezing?

I am actually seeing frozen frames. On the previous cards which were bad, there was actually a delay of up to almost a second between some cuts and the video would strobe. This card seems decent minus the frozen frames between certain cuts.

Tarheel Cougar
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
We had frozen frames when we borrowed a set of GL2's for a switch, and used them with Bob's Third channel plugin. I think some combination of mixing the GL2's with our Sony stuff or the plugin caused that kind of freezing regardless if we performed auto takes or cut directly between sources.

aferrin
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
And are you switching between the Preview Row and Main using Take or Auto, or simply clicking directly on the Switcher buttons?

I have tried switching with a mouse, F keys on keyboard, and with my external RS-8. Seems to be a consistent problem. I am cutting between sources on the program bus and not going from preview to program each take.

SBowie
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I am cutting between sources on the program bus and not going from preview to program each take.There's your mistake right there. You will always get this when you do it that wayt. The Switcher is not designed for that method of use.

Tarheel Cougar
07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
There's your mistake right there. You will always get this when you do it that wayt. The Switcher is not designed for that method of use.

Is this really the official take? What about genlocked sources? If this is true, VT and Tricaster are certainly not advertised like that, and why even bother to have a program row on the RS8, why not just have a preview, auto and take buttons? Even the $1000 Videonics units can cut across the same bus, although they may delay the switch until the source is synched rather than freeze a frame which isn't the worst solution. 90% of the time we switch directly on the program row without a problem, which you have to do for sports. I just can't believe this is not the intended purpose because ever since Amiga days we could switch (with genlock).

UnCommonGrafx
07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
This is something that has been talked about in the past.

As Steve states, it initially wasn't designed this way. However, since the TriCaster has come about, the philosophy has changed.
My VT5 presumption would be that this behavior is rectified. As others have brought this to NewTek's attention and they fixed it in TC, there would be not reason to not have this changed philosophy implemented in VT5.

SBowie
07-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Robert, I'm not really aware of any change in this respect in TC ... could be wrong, but can't recall seeing anything indicating that.

SBowie
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Is this really the official take?
From the VT[4] manual:

Take

The Take button performs an instant cut between the Main bus and Preview bus. A cut is simply a jump from one source to another, for example from one camera shot to a different camera shot. Remember that to cut between your selected shots, the shot you want to be next must be on the Preview bus.

I can't say I remember this ever being any different, but my memory isn't what it used to be either. Nevertheless, afaik the VT (and TC) cannot simultaneously sync an infinite number of external sources. Placing a source on Preview permits it to be pre-synced for a Take. At least, that's the way I've always understood this. "Instant" selections directly to the Main row can drop a frame or two.

SBowie
07-11-2007, 03:06 PM
... although they may delay the switch until the source is synched rather than freeze a frame which isn't the worst solution.That's an interesting and possibly acceptable solution, btw - from my humble perspective at least.

aferrin
07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
:agree:
delay the switch until the source is synched rather than freeze a frame.

From a production background, this only makes sense. Any production switcher HAS to allow clean cuts across the program bus or it's useless unless youre producing slow shows which allow time to preview.

SBowie
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Any production switcher HAS to allow clean cuts across the program bus or it's useless unless youre producing slow shows which allow time to preview.I'm sympathetic, and yet while I think the notion is worthy of consideration, it seems likely NewTek would have thought of it previously. In any case, there seem to be no end of people doing fast-paced live work with both VT and TC, so they must have found ways of managing.

UnCommonGrafx
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Steve,
http://www.newtek.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-33734.html
Here's a thread that has a snippet of this discussion. I can find more of these threads with this search parameter: VT4 switch frame delay punch out.
And this is what google found:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=VT4+switch+frame+delay+punch+out&btnG=Google+Search

Yeah, it was a conversation had a long while ago; fortunately, my alz is not advancing.

SBowie
07-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Hmmm ... I looked over the first one, which does go back some time (to the days when John had not yet been assimilated by the aliens). The comments Jeff Cupp makes are pretty much the same understanding I've had all along.

It seems that one or two others are indicating that at least some builds of VT[4] worked as we were musing above - i.e, delay the switch until sync is achieved when directly choosing a Main source.

Some of the posts discuss the way TC does it, but note that TC-STUDIO takes a different approach, and I believe is back to 'put it on preview first' if you don't want a delay.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Looks like it's time for John or Paul to deliver the 'coup de grace' on this point. TC and TC-pro, I agree, but afaik for both VT[4] and TC-S it's preview first. I'd be happy to be mistaken though.

UnCommonGrafx
07-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes, Steve, I think we all want you to be mistaken. I mean happy. ;)

Yeah, the conversation raged for a while because many were upset that the 'lil guy' could do it but the 'Big Boy' couldn't.

I'd rather it work with an immediate punch. For mistakes...

aferrin
07-12-2007, 04:59 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks Robert, Steve, and others for great feedback.

I guess we would have to call this things a draw? Some saying should be clean and others not...:twak:

Based on continued discussion, sounds like Newtek should bring this MAJOR detail to the attention of potential clients. This is HUGE and not just a minor issue to someone in the entertainment business.

:vticon: May I suggest to Newtek to consider whatever upgrades to the BOB or whatever hardware to take this thing to another level. Or, at least to the level of the basic TC unit!?!...

Thanks Again!
Alan

Cineman
07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
:vticon: May I suggest to Newtek to consider whatever upgrades to the BOB or whatever hardware to take this thing to another level. Or, at least to the level of the basic TC unit!?!...
Actually, NewTek has handled equalizing the two products with the new TriCaster Studio. It will have the same "hot punch" issues as the VT.

Nes Gurley

Tarheel Cougar
07-13-2007, 07:37 AM
It would have been nice to know about the hot punch issue, i think its pretty important. Like I said, why bother to have a program bus if you can't use it cleanly? It would be better if the VT delayed the switch or when you punched a source on program it internally put the source on Preview (or key or better yet a new 4th unused bus) and performed an auto take to that bus to "simulate" the hot punch in a clean way that is transparent to the user. Then again, the Panasonic MX50/70 switchers have the same flaw when you cut across the same bus with asynchronous sources and I don't know if its clearly stated either. I guess thats where Newtek sees its competition at that price point.

Is it true that you can't hot punch with genlocked sources?

Cineman
07-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Is it true that you can't hot punch with genlocked sources?
No. It should be just the opposite. If the camera is truly genlocked to the VT, the cross points (vertical interval) of the "on air" camera output should exactly match that of the new camera video.

Here are my personal experiences:

1. I have never had a switcher glitch when switching genlocked cameras with a hot punch.
2. I still perceive a slight delay between the keyboard punch and change to output when switching with the function keys to a camera not already on Preview.

I believe that this is because the VT is still checking for the source being genlocked, a step that doesn't happen when the source is on Preview first. (a logic assumption on my part)

Please know that I find this delay minute, and I just feel that my switching rhythm has been broken. When cutting only, I actually prefer to have no camera on Preview, as I quickly adjust my lead timing.

I suppose this could be tested by recording a split screen between the keyboard (or RS-8) and the VT output on a monitor, alternating between a camera being on Preview and then not. If the key click can be read in video, then stepping to see any difference in frames or field to Air, might ID difference.

Nes Gurley

aferrin
07-13-2007, 12:22 PM
So in summary, if camera sources are gen locked together, you can cleanly hot punch. If they are not, you must preview then autotake to cleanly cut. Without gen locked cameras, the VT is going to glitch on a hot punch...

:bangwall: Am I correct?

And is this true with all Newtek product lines of switchers (TC, TC-S, etc.)?

If so, time to go shopping I guess....:foreheads

Cineman
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM
So in summary, if camera sources are gen locked together, you can cleanly hot punch.
IMHO, your saying " if camera sources are gen locked together", leaves a possibility that your statement is wrong. If you had said "if camera sources are genlocked to the VT output" you certainly would be correct IMHO.

To possibly clarify, I'll quote something you said in your Post #5 to this thread.

I am using the internal genlock.
If you are speaking here of the VT Genlock Card, or more likely of the Genlock on your VT card, Then that is for a different purpose. That is for genlocking your VT to a system, most likely to a Black Burst Generator. The same thing can be accomplished with that if, in turn, your cameras are also genlocked to that BlackBurst Generator.

Without gen locked cameras, the VT is going to glitch on a hot punch...
Again, I don't quite agree. If you had said: "Without gen locked cameras, the current VT[4] may glitch on a hot punch..."; then I would think you are right. It was not always that way TBOMK. I think that I might yet find the point that Dr. Cross told me of the changes he made to this latency, when I can take the time to just let the computer search and then go through all the results. I think that when this was applied to VT is when it started.

And is this true with all Newtek product lines of switchers (TC, TC-S, etc.)?
As above, I think that it applies to all currently shipping VT's. Does not apply to TriCaster, and TriCaster Pro, but does currently to TriCaster Studio.

Nes Gurley

aferrin
07-16-2007, 01:02 PM
:compbeati Thanks Nes.

1 step forward, 2 steps back...
Seems like a no brainer of a requirement before a product is released?!....

Keep my fingers crossed for VT5 before I jump ship!

kltv
07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
We use non-genlocked cameras all the time and don't get sync glitches when switching hot on program. We used to, so we did the preview-take-to-program method, but one of the software updates fixed that. Either 4.5 or 4.6 made it go away. The take is not always instantaneous (maybe a few frames between pressing take and the actual switch) while it syncs the next source, but I don't see any disruption on the program output. Preview can glitch a little, but program is fine. I feel like it was even a feature of the upgrade that you could hot-punch on program and I remember a being really happy when it worked. I found this on the 4.5 release notes:

New Drivers
With version 4.5, NewTek has released a major re-design of the underlying real-time media engine that drives VT[4]. This has resulted in numerous benefits, including lower CPU overhead, much faster cutting between live sources, and the ability to perform a program-row punch of a live show without any hesitation between sources.

Kris

Keith Nealy
07-17-2007, 03:40 AM
This was supposed to be fixed or improved in later builds of VT but I don't think it was.

Cineman
07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
I think that I might yet find the point that Dr. Cross told me of the changes he made to this latency, when I can take the time to just let the computer search and then go through all the results. I think that when this was applied to VT is when it started.
Unfortunately I must say that I finally completed as much search as I could stand, and never found anything resembling a report from Dr. Cross speaking of making adjustment to the delay to air for a hot punch. My computer sits idle all Sunday morning, and I left it searching under the body text term "latency" (It is a bit unfortunate that both the delay to air on a hot punch and the delay from live to output IMAG are both spoken of, though very different things, as latency.

I then searched through all the flagged posts for ones sent by Andrew. I never found anything that I could have even considered as referencing change to hot switch delay. I then did another search under "sender" and didn't find anything that way either.

I am sorry, not just for being wrong, but because the post might have been an indicator on when problems with this started. I expect that what happened to me was that I got a post from Dr. Cross about IMAG delay on a day when otherwise, the subject had been hot switch delay, and I read him wrong.

When you said the below in thread post #24, I thought of adding a comment in my reply:

If so, time to go shopping I guess....:foreheads
And when you ended with this in your reply to mine, I was sure that I needed to get back to the thread.

Keep my fingers crossed for VT5 before I jump ship!
I know you are disgusted. I am and don't have the problem. May I suggest, and request, that you stay proactive. Don't just wait and hope for better things with VT[5].

If you are thinking of abandoning the VT, as it seems, why not go ahead and shop, see what you might use instead. And let us know what you find. I don't think this will solve your disgust, but you will be prepared. Since I have done the same shopping, I think the end result will bring you much desire to make do with VT.

I only find much worse switchers for the same price as a VT, to much more. I find switchers that I would like only for much, much, more. And then sit there without the replay DDR's, CG, audio, and DVE's. Find what you might buy, and share.

Secondly, I would really suggest that you go ahead and get your cameras genlocked to your VT. For one thing, I believe that it will fix your problem. For a second thing, I think you will need to it anyway for the football stadium jumbotron. I just can't imagine that there will not be times when it will show video that the viewer can see live. Without genlocked cameras the video will be very confusing because of the inevitable delay between live and video projection.

Finally, don't think that this thread has conveyed your problem to NewTek. Write up the steps to reproduce, and E-mail that to [email protected] They have to be able to duplicate your problem to work on it. Doesn't matter if it doesn't happen every time, but would be good if you could find the circumstance when it doesn't happen. At least give them a prediction of the frequency.

Sometimes they can be a little like me, and be very dense in understanding what you are saying. For instance, I have gone back through your posts and can't find you ever saying that you actually have frozen video on output. You have to be specific.

So could you tell me, us, and NewTek that you see frozen frames of video on output, and where you see it, (on your master monitor, on the jumbotron)? Would be good to also report how you know the specific number of frozen frames.

Thanks,

Nes Gurley

Cineman
07-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I am cutting between sources on the program bus and not going from preview to program each take.

There's your mistake right there. You will always get this when you do it that wayt. The Switcher is not designed for that method of use.
Steve is wrong in this. It is simply not true.

But before I could compose a reply, Steve was back with supposed support for his contention from the Switcher portion of the VT[4] manual:

From the VT[4] manual:

Take

The Take button performs an instant cut between the Main bus and Preview bus. A cut is simply a jump from one source to another, for example from one camera shot to a different camera shot. Remember that to cut between your selected shots, the shot you want to be next must be on the Preview bus.

Of course, Steve failed to transfer the bolded print at the 'Take button' portion which might have made us, me, realize that he was using a quote on a different topic to illustrate his claim on another. The underlined portion was added to the quote by Steve which further threw me as to what it was about.

I was completely taken back by what I thought the quote said. I sure thought that I would not have ignored such an error in the manual from my pre release review of it. I don't usually consult the manual for live switch procedures. This time I did, but not from realized doubt of what was quoted.

I knew that the Function Keys shortcuts were still in place for VT[4.6] because I use them weekly. I went to the manual because I thought they should likely be mentioned in the Switcher portion of the manual. I knew the chapter on them was there. I not only found the Function keys Switcher Keyboard Shortcuts in the chapter, but also the problem with the statement that Steve semi quoted for us.

Probably obvious now that the paragraph he quoted was only talking about the 'Take' button. It also turns out that it was only one item under this 'Take' heading. The next line covers the 'Enter' key. The paragraph after that covers the actual issue of the thread.

Or you can perform an instant Take by clicking on another channel in the Main bus. For example, if DDR is on the Main, DDR2 is on Preview, and the Black Background is on channel 6, you could cut directly to Black
by clicking on the 6 button in the Main bus.
So, with just a double space between what Steve semi quoted, the sentence about the Enter key, and the above; I find it impossible that one could claim that the Switcher is not designed for that method of use based on the manual.

Add that the Switcher Keyboard Shortcuts are includes in the Switcher manual as well:

Switcher Keyboard Shortcuts

Like most of the other VT[4] panels, the Switcher comes with a variety of Keyboard Shortcuts or Hotkeys, that are too numerous to list here. Usually, you can call up the pages of Hotkeys by hitting the F1 key. But F1 is a Keyboard Shortcut in the Switcher — it loads channel 1 onto the Main bus. So, you have to right-click to bring up the Switcher’s Context Menu and under Help, choose Keyboard Shortcuts.

The Hotkeys can be lifesavers when you are trying to work the Switcher in a fast- paced, high-pressure live presentation. For example, one hand can be on the keyboard selecting inputs, while the other can be choosing DVEs with the mouse. Having Hotkeys literally at your fingertips will make you much more proficient..

Jared, perhaps I could have saved you some agony if I had posted you off list with this, but was trying to get this reply completed.

Hope this explains why I urged you to continue your quest, Alan, and not give up on VT yet.

Nes Gurley

SBowie
07-19-2007, 12:55 PM
So, with just a double space between what Steve semi quoted, the sentence about the Enter key, and the above; I find it impossible that one could claim that the Switcher is not designed for that method of use based on the manual.

Add that the Switcher Keyboard Shortcuts are includes in the Switcher manual as well:I'm certainly not cherry-picking to try to prove a point Nes - simply stating what my understanding has always been. I'd be very pleased to see John or Paul clarify the actual standing of the various products in this matter.

But either way, I simply do not agree with your interpretation of the manual on these things. I am well aware that there are keystroke shortcuts to place one or another Switcher source on the different rows - that doesn't indicate anything at all about whether or not you will really get a true instant 'cut' to that source, as you do with Take.

Another quote seems to indicate differently, as it says "Or you can perform an instant Take by clicking on another channel in the Main bus. For example, if DDR is on the Main, DDR2 is on Preview, and the Black Background is on channel 6, you could cut directly to Black by clicking on the 6 button in the Main bus." Note, however that all of the source options cited in that sentence are computer generated ones - not live sources ... a different animal all together.

I may be right, or I may be wrong - what I am definitely not doing is trying to mislead anyone by taking something out of context.

aferrin
07-20-2007, 08:57 AM
:question:

Thanks for all of the feedback! I have sent the thread ip to Newtek and asked for assistance into the issue.

I value all of the feedback and it definately sounds like there is the posibility out there this thing should be working for me. I will explore this further before I use the box as a doorstop.:)

aferrin
07-20-2007, 09:25 AM
For those following this thread thought I might give a brief history so you know I am not over-reacting here.

I used my first version of the switcher during football season last year. Throughout the season we had unresolved issues. Many cuts had at least a second of delay. During the delay there were strobeing frames. Each "preview" showed glitches in the program bus - therefor most cuts were "hot".

After the season the daughter board on the VT card was replaced. Used the switcher for a couple high profile events including commencement. The strobing frames were resolved but even more noticeable was the preview bus interfering into the program bus. Now, hot cuts would often freeze a few frames between cutting. Again, can't preview because glitches resulted in program bus.

This time the entire VT card was replaced. Now, preview/program issue resolved but hot cut issue still there with 1, 2, or 3 frames frozen during brief delays. This issue was diganosed by running VT output to monitor & into a NLE where I could frame by frame the cut and view it's problem.

Our local vendor has been AWESOME and has replaced much of the box hardware in trying to diagnose the problem and agrees it should be clean on hot cuts with or without gen locking to the VT which is difficult with 3 replay boxes and camera runs for all over a football field.

I can't begin to number the hours I have spent troubleshooting these problems this year. Cost analysis I'm sure would indicate I would have been ahead to purchase a $20k+ switcher...

I was sold on Newtek after using a TC on a 3 camera shoot. I obviously needed more sources so was sold on the VT.

You can image the heat I have taken by many for all of the problems this year. I believe now you can empathize with the situation I am in and my harsh conclusion to possibly go another direction?!

I lost 10 years off of my life this past year troubleshooting problems during live production events...

PIZAZZ
07-20-2007, 09:29 AM
could you list the exact specs of the host computer for VT?

I have a theory I would like to investigate.

Paul Lara
07-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Let us know what you discover, Jeff!
I have done program-row hot punches without delays, glitches or freezing, which should be the expected behavior of any TD.

SBowie
07-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I have done program-row hot punches without delays, glitches or freezing, which should be the expected behavior of any TD.Genlocked, Paul?

Tarheel Cougar
07-20-2007, 11:55 AM
So I guess the official word is, it's supposed to work. Thats good to hear! Most of the time for us, it does, and we do not genlock. Seems like the only consistent problem we have is when we mix our cameras with some borrowed cameras (GL2's). And we also have some freezing when we use Bob's third channel, of course some of that's expected when you are using all 3 buses at once, although sometimes even changing sources on preview with that plugin open can create havoc on program even when it's not "live." This makes me wonder what kind of PIP functions are "promised" for VT5 and how they will work to help us accomplish things like clock insets for sports like we can do with Bob's plugin (which is great!). I'd put up with a delayed switch--especially on the preview or key bus--if that means we can switch multiple sources on the screen simultaneously.

Jared Amos

aferrin
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
could you list the exact specs of the host computer for VT?

I have a theory I would like to investigate.
Windows XP system. (3.0 ghz, 3.25 RAM, with 2 300 Gb HD's).

PIZAZZ
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Windows XP system. (3.0 ghz, 3.25 RAM, with 2 300 Gb HD's).

More information than that please.

Single processor or Dual Processor? Speed and Chip type
Motherboard- Manufacturer and Model number
Graphics card adapter - Manufacturer and Model number and driver version
RAM - Manufacturer and Model number, FSB speed it is running at
System Hard drive - Manufacturer and Model number
Storage Hard Drives - Manufacturer and Model number, Quantity, Location they are attached, are they attached to the motherboard or a raid adapter. Are they software striped together or striped with the raid adapter?
Location the VT card is located on the motherboard?? which slot?

As you can see there are many different variables that go together to make a stable VT system. If you can give us exact details of your system then we will have a better chance of offering assistance.

Since you have changed out the VT card and Sx8 units as you stated before, then I imagine the system configuration is part of your issues. Notice I said part.

Also, what kind of cameras are you using into the VT?
What connection are you using? composite, Y/C, Component
Are they Genlocked to the VT or House Sync?
Is VT locked to House Sync?
Have you modified the genlock settings in Preferences or the advanced timing settings in ProcAmp?
Does your "jumbotron" or LED board have any kind of genlock input capability?
Does your display have a processor that might be seeing the jump cut/take as a out sync error and then adding sync delay to the signal?
What video signal type are you using to feed your large display?
Last but not least, Have you installed and reinstalled VT? If you have did you use the same disc every time or a direct download?

I am not doubting you have a problem. I am just trying to help if I can.

aferrin
07-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Specific system information:

Single processor or Dual Processor? Speed and Chip type.
Single, Pentium D, 3 Ghz, Duo Core.

Motherboard- Manufacturer and Model number.
Gigabyte GA-8I945GMF, w/LGA775 chip set

Graphics card adapter - Manufacturer and Model number and driver version.
NVidia G-Force 7300, 256 MB, NVidia version 6.14.10.9371

RAM - Manufacturer and Model number, FSB speed it is running at.
Samsung, 4 GB, PC2 5300, 555 Mhz

System Hard drive - Manufacturer and Model number.
Seagate Baracuda, ST3320620

Storage Hard Drives - Manufacturer and Model number, Quantity, Location they are attached, are they attached to the motherboard or a raid adapter.
Seagate Baracuda, ST380811A, (4) 80 GB, 7200 RPM, attached to motherboard ("CLR_CMOS" area of board)

Are they software striped together or striped with the raid adapter?
Software striped
Location the VT card is located on the motherboard?? which slot?
"PCI EXPRESS DDR-2" slot (2nd slot)

Also, what kind of cameras are you using into the VT?
JVC-GYDV500, 5000, 5100

What connection are you using? composite, Y/C, Component?
Composite

Are they Genlocked to the VT or House Sync?
VT

Is VT locked to House Sync?
No, BOB output directly into Daktroniks computer then fiber to screen

Have you modified the genlock settings in Preferences or the advanced timing settings in ProcAmp?
No

Does your "jumbotron" or LED board have any kind of genlock input capability?
No

Does your display have a processor that might be seeing the jump cut/take as a out sync error and then adding sync delay to the signal?
What video signal type are you using to feed your large display?
Problem exists directly into NTSC monitor, independant of scoreboard system.

Last but not least, Have you installed and reinstalled VT?
No