PDA

View Full Version : Addative textures/objects?

objuan
07-10-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm mapping several images onto flat planes, and I want them to interact with each other as if they were addative layers in photoshop or affter effects.

any ideas?

MSherak
07-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm mapping several images onto flat planes, and I want them to interact with each other as if they were addative layers in photoshop or affter effects.

any ideas?

As for interacting like photoshop layers that is what the blending function on the texture editor is for.. In fact you have most of the photoshop layer options there.. and you can use the layer opacity to control the % like photoshop as well..

objuan
07-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks, but doesnt that just control how textures interact with each other on the surface?

I want seperate planes in 3D space to overlap addatively as the camera moves around them.

MSherak
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks, but doesnt that just control how textures interact with each other on the surface?

I want seperate planes in 3D space to overlap addatively as the camera moves around them.

Ah different beast all together.. Only way off the top of my head would be additive transparency along with translucency..

objuan
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Right right, additive transparency. Hidden away in the neverlands of the advanced tab, where only the bravest souls dare to travel.

Thanks.

it would be cool if you could do other things like multiply and difference and stuff on an object by object basis.

Dave Jerrard
08-13-2007, 04:25 AM
Heh. I travel there all the time. Then again...

He Who Is An Idiot At Times.