PDA

View Full Version : Please please help!!! Hard FX LW 9.2

mikejam
07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I've gone through the pdf manuals, I've gone through what little there is on other sites. The stuff on spinquad is just not much use.

Yeah I know I'm boring but all I want to do is knock down a pile of things in a room. I.e throw a ball at a pile of bricks and watch them react.

The room in this case is just a flipped cube, for things to bounce off of.

Everything I do, everything I try, no matter what settings, the gravity starts before the collision! and the sections of the object start to break up and fall before the ball hits them. HOW do I stop this happening ?

I don't want to see any hard effects *until* the ball hits the pile.

To move the ball, all I am doing is keyframing it to the place, is there a better way ?

Also the collision works- kinda, but often settings for the room (??) seem to mess up the pile of bricks and make them start to move up before anything starts.

If someone could help me through this I would be very grateful. I've already seen the big thread on spinquad, and it was no help.

thanks.

Mike

Surrealist.
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Dodgy just finished up a hard FX tutorial (http://www.lightwiki.com/Introduction_to_HardFX) on lightwiki.

mikejam
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
THanks folks! That's a fine tutorial and helped a lot.

I couldn't understand when I did this myself in collision tab start by collision just didn't seem to work.

Don't know what the difference is, but I followed this tutorial it worked !

I think the bricks look like they are moving in slow motion though, I but I took their weight up and that seems to help. Hope that's right.

Got it working now in a 'room' as well using box and inside, that works.

Didn't seem to work when I tried it myself using an object I had made for that some crazy reason.

Just wish some of those FX parameters weren't so arcane ! :)

Thanks again that's put me on the good road with this.

Mike

Dodgy
07-09-2007, 06:21 PM
No problem, that's what I'm doing this for :)