PDA

View Full Version : PhotoshopEx problems

Lottmedia
07-08-2007, 07:01 AM
So I asked this over in the adobe forums to a huge lack of response, so I thought I'd ask here. Anyone having problems with PhotoshopExt's 3d bits? When I bring in a model (anty model, even from their cd) I get just parts of it, kinda like it's randomly masked. On my laptop it seems to work fine (just painfully slow) it's a ATI in the laptop and a Nvidia 6600 in the desktop. The nvidia has been great with any graphics applications (even WOW :) )so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyone have ideas?
Casey :cat:

Martin Adams
07-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Not used it and really have no idea, but might be worth checking you've got the latest graphics card drivers just in case that helps.

Bytehawk
07-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I tried the 3d stuff in Photoshop and found it really sucky.

All objects I tried to import had some form of problem, from smoothing errors to missing geometry.

Unless there is a straight way to work with LW generated content, I'm not going to have a look at it again.

warrenwc
07-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I have to agree with Bytehawk so far.:thumbsdow
Hoping Rendition will address the problems with LW imports.

gerry_g
07-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Well it seems Adobe made a perfectly logical decision here, they made CS3 Extended work seamlessly only with one of the most expensive packages you can perchase (did I say purchase, I meant rent cos u can't sell your license, be buried with it yes, but not sell it) talking about 3ds here, all the vids and docs say obj has parity with 3ds as an import format....does it he11 !!. To cut to the chase I spent well over an hour figuring out the import routine to get object and uv image both, out of LW and into PS ........... err I ended up using C4D cos it was easier. Main problems are

1 the import simply will not work properly with anything else but 3ds.

2 Geometry has to be tripled and all in the same later (but only if exported from LW).

3 Textures and Object go in same file cos CS3 is not a 3D app and can't follow file paths written by 3D progs.

4 File names for textures and Objects alike cannot break the twelve character rule (seems that's including the extension).

5 Even when you do all the above tripled geometry exported from LW in the 3Ds format screws up, don't ask why I've no idea.

Below are two screen grabs, titles make em self explanatory

Bytehawk
07-09-2007, 01:32 PM
exactly, a useless feature imho

let's hope Rendition cures all that

Chris S. (Fez)
07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah. Wow. I was shocked at how poorly implemented the 3D part of extended is...hopefully Newtek will fill the gap.

archijam
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe ... that's the delay?

We can hope.

Does anyone else have those weird moments when you hit some mysterious key ... and your layers jump to some (future, or useless) history state?

j.

Danic101
07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
I can't wait for Rendition!