PDA

View Full Version : importing and rigging of partial animations

Clockmaster
07-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Hi!

I know that If I have a character with a bone skeleton and I create in Layout a set of animations, I can use the same animated skeleton with various characters, scaling it and rigging it again on the weight maps of the new characters.
But there is a way to import only parts of another animation into my skeleton?
For example, assume I have a complex animation of an arm with its own skeleton. Assuming I do a new skeleton with the same arms bone structure, how can I do to import the animation into the new skeleton?
Saving motion data for every bone of the arm and importing in the new skeleton seems prohibitive, especially if the proportions doesn't match.

Thanks!

omeone
07-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Apply IK Boost, select the shoulder or collarbone, right-drag above the timeline in the boost-track and Save Motion. Choose a name and location, with mode set to child, confirm the frame range.

BTW, you can export the arm rig seperatly too, instead of setting up a new one with same names / parameters etc.

SplineGod
07-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I agree with Colin, IKBoost would be one very simple way. Another would be to use motion mixer. Another would be to use DStorms free HMOT saver and Map Motion 2 Plugins.

Clockmaster
07-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks you all.

medicalart
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Apply IK Boost, select the shoulder or collarbone, right-drag above the timeline in the boost-track and Save Motion. Choose a name and location, with mode set to child, confirm the frame range.

BTW, you can export the arm rig seperatly too, instead of setting up a new one with same names / parameters etc.

After doing this, do you import a motion file? Will it automatically be applied to the selected object in layout and appear in the graph editor?

Dodgy
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, after you copy the rig, use motion mixer or the hmot save/loader to import the motion or IKB as suggested.