PDA

View Full Version : FadeCut

NVentive
07-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe this already exists and I've missed it -- a key or key combo that would cut an overlay clip and put a 6-frame fade on either side of the cut....

wvp
07-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Maybe this already exists and I've missed it -- a key or key combo that would cut an overlay clip and put a 6-frame fade on either side of the cut....
Don't think that exists and due to the variable fade rates (you want 6 frames, I want 30, he wants 15, etc) the best you could hope for is the fade based on the DVE length set in pref.
Now on to a work around: Try taking a "naked clip" (nothing done to it yet). GO into control tree and select "overlay" and also drill into the layer fading, fade in & fade out times and make these 6 frames. The inside ToolShed create a new preset called "6frm fade Overlay".
You should now be able to select a batch of naked clips & apply this preset & still tweak in & out times.

Ivan
07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
You can always request a feature like user defined keyboard shortcuts for ToolShed presets. I would but apparently the determining factor for adding features is not "is it useful" or "will it save the editor time" but rather "how many people asked that aren't me". :)

Posted by Toasterdude 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM

BTW Ivan in all the years we have been selling 3DA we only had maybe 6 requests for LWconnect compatibility. . . . and 5 of them were from you;-)

Ivan

NVentive
07-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Four out of five? Hey -- you're a leader in your field!
Yeah, I knew there would be a lot of factors in the pre-set, and that there was always the toolshed option. I've got a series of jobs in now that have a limited time budget and will be pretty much the same thing over and over (and over.) Toolshed is fast, not goobering up my timeline layout help make it even faster. A 'punch and go' would be the fastest option possible -- synch the tracks, punch out around the high spots in B-roll, drop top and tail, hit render.