PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Inter-Race Co-Op Starship

jnddepew
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
My Idea: Inter-Race Co-Op Starship
the basic idea is to get a lot of sci-fi lovers together from this community. someone who's good at drawing would draw up a sketch for a massive starship. then everyone will pick a part to model and texture. (someone may pick the engines someone the bridge.)
then they send all their parts to the person who has the most powerful computer who combines them and puts them in a scene.

The ship could be either all in one style or it could have a diversity of styles for the all the different people working on it as if a lot of different races had been working together to build it.

Is it a good idea? if so, is there anyone willing to do it?

Whelkn
07-06-2007, 05:21 PM
well if I still lived with my mom and had nothing else to do you could count me in-----

Stooch
07-06-2007, 07:15 PM
or a community in space. basically imagine a space station that got hobbled together from random junk by wayward space travelers. every section would have a style unique to the inhabitant but everything should somehow meld together into a cohesive structure.

SBowie
07-06-2007, 07:19 PM
basically imagine a space station that got hobbled together from random junk by wayward space travelers...Like Mir? ;)

ShawnStovall
07-06-2007, 07:35 PM
How 'bout everyone pitches in a character or model and someone will make the ship, and each contributer gets his/her own special section on the ship. The only thing about this is having everyone make it on a uniform scale. I would be in, but I'm not much of a LightWave artist yet.

Matt
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
What about the game where you fold the paper and draw a different part of the body, or in this case a part of a spaceship! Be interesting to see what it ends up looking like!