PDA

View Full Version : ulead dvd burning

dwindholz
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
When I use Ulead to burn a wedding, the finished DVD looks pixelated when ther is movement. Is there a setting that will fix this?
Thanks for the help.

JamesCurtis
07-05-2007, 09:36 PM
How much time are you putting on the DVD? 60 mins, 120mins? the more time, the more compression is used to "fit" the video.

I've never used the program you're using, I use Adobe Encore DVD. it's output is excellent.

starbase1
07-06-2007, 06:18 AM
I've used Ulead a lot - it scores highly for ease of use, though I do notice a definite improvement in quality usiong Adobe Premiere Elements...

But this sounds a lot worse than that, and it should be perfectly capable of reasonable quality output. It sounds to me like you need to check your compression settings - for exampple are you trying to fits a few hours onto one disk?

Alternatively, you don't mention your input source - if it was something like a normal digital camera with movie mode, or worse still something like a web cam you would get this sort of effect. Or to a lesser degree if you tried too much compression at source, to fit more on the tape / disk / memory.

dwindholz
07-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I have it set on 120 minutes. I think you are probably right. Thinking about it, when I do smaller projects it seems to work better.
Thanks