PDA

View Full Version : Wordware is pleased to announce the release of Essential LightWave v9

Wordware
07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Wordware Publishing, Inc. is very excited to announce the release of Essential LightWave v9 (ISBN 1-59822-024-1) from Steve Warner and Kevin Phillips. With 992 pages of instruction and a companion DVD, Essential LightWave v9 is an unparalleled guide to LightWave 3D. Written to help users quickly take control of the software, this book is filled with easy-to-understand explanations, time-saving tips and tricks, and detailed tutorials on nearly every aspect of the software, including the new features in LightWave v9.2!

Key features of this book:

Learn to model, light, surface animate, and render within the first seven chapters!
Master the LightWave v9 Node Editor for advanced surfacing, texturing, and deformations.
Learn to model with polygons, Catmull-Clark/Subpatch SubDs, and splines.
Uncover the secrets of distortion-free UV mapping and high-quality texturing.
Learn to seamlessly composite 3D objects with real-world images.
Create professional-quality character animation using FK, IK, and IK Booster.
Enhance your animations with expressions, particle effects, and dynamics.
Set up a render farm to rip through complex rendering tasks.

On the companion DVD:

Nearly 14 hours of bonus video tutorials, including 18 tutorials on the new features in LightWave v9.2
Trial versions of LightWave v9.2 (Win/Mac)
Object, image, and scene files from the tutorials in the book and on the DVD
All the chapter images from the book at full size and in full color

The book is in stock right now and available from our web site at www.wordware.com. As a special promotion, Wordware is offering 35% off and free freight* to all orders placed online through our site. Just use the coupon code lw0241 when ordering.

And don't forget that this coupon code is good for any book on our site including LightWave v9 Texturing and LightWave v9 Lighting, so feel free to complete your library.

Congratulations to Steve and Kevin for an exceptional training tool for the LightWave community.

Tim McEvoy
Wordware Publishing, Inc.

* free freight is limited to the continental U.S. only.

Surrealist.
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
It shall be mine soon!

Thanks!

Alliante
07-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Just ordered. Thank you very much for the coupon code :)

Mr Maze
07-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Just curious, how long is this coupon good for? I don't get paid till next Thursday...

Sekhar
07-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks, just ordered!

Wordware
07-05-2007, 08:20 AM
The coupon code is for 90 days.

- Tim

Alliante
07-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Got it yesterday (friday), quick delivery. Thanks, Tim!

erich
07-07-2007, 06:26 PM
How long will delivery take with the free shipping promo?

Alliante
07-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Took 2 days to North Texas for me :)

Wordware
07-08-2007, 09:38 PM
We use UPS Ground for the free shipping promotion. It usually takes UPS Ground no longer than 3-4 days to deliver nationwide in the U.S.

- Tim

SBowie
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
We use UPS Ground for the free shipping promotion.I was at the last stage of ordering when I noticed the shipping was going to cost me $66.40. I don't think so.

I routinely have items of similar size and weight shipped from San Antonio via UPS Ground for around ten bucks. Sorry, I'd really like to do this, but not at that cost. I'd be glad to consider something more reasonable.

Wordware
07-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Wordware ships UPS Standard to Canada. The default rate in our shopping cart for any orders outside the U.S. is UPS Worldwide Express, which can be very expensive, no question. If you scroll down in the shipping options, you will see Canada Standard which should have a rate around $13.00. If you select that option and enter the lw0241 coupon code, your cost including the shipping will be around $45 U.S. (Please keep in mind that this does not include import duties and taxes.)

We also distribute our books to the Canadian bookstores and you should be able to order a copy through Indigo stores. I hope this information is helpful to you and we can get you set up with a book.

Tim McEvoy

SBowie
07-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Aah, now how did I miss that? I even looked in that menu, but failed to notice the bottom option. My apologies, and thanks.