PDA

View Full Version : Print to tape (betasp 1800p)

williamb
07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi
I have finally bought the cabel to interface between teh vt & my sony betasp deck...

I am having problems printing to tape...can anyone suggest settings for both VT and if needed the deck???

Do i have to 'black-line' the tape first? i would have thought the vt could do that???

Can i just use a blank un time coded tape?

Thanks

tfrank
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
We use a SONY 1800 all of the time. We do pre-stripe or "black" the 60 minute tapes that we use, since we make insert edits throughout the tape. Instructions for helping VT communicate with the deck are in the manual. I think that you can also right click on Deck Control Module for the same information. If you are just "crash recording", you can initiate that process from the deck itself.

williamb
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
thanks for that...but how do i prestripe? and set the time code...can the vt over record a differnt timecode or is it reliant on teh timecode already present on the tape???

Thanks again

indigena
06-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I´with tha same problem, how do I print to tape? from de Deck control? it will play timeline? how do I set TC in?

steveg
06-14-2008, 07:36 PM
If you want to pre-stripe your tape with timecode the easy way is to send black video out to your Beta deck. Just press record on the front of the deck just like a VHS vcr and let it run as long as you want the tape to be pre-striped. The Beta deck should have come with a manual that explains pre-striping tapes with timecode. That process doesn't really have anything to do with the VT. VT then can insert video at any point in the timecode tape that you choose after the tape is timecoded.