PDA

View Full Version : Just got the tricaster studio!

DeafNN
07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi everybody,

I just got the tricaster studio via ups just today! Its not so bad... I was disappointed that it doesn't include vga cable so I had to go out and get it.

Live set is really cool! Unfortunately there is only one live set demo for me to use. I did contact newtek about this and they said that they are working on developing more live set. So anybody know where I can get more of that.

Im curious on how to make a 3-d moving logo like you see on the tricaster demo movie on the newtek page.

Such a newbie still.

Anybody get the Studio yet???

:newtek:

progressive
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
It's great to be a newbie isn't it?

I have had my Studio for nearly a month now. It's been great, everything that I expected it to be and quite honestly more.

If you want to emulate the spinning logo, go into the edit tab then take the logo that you want to spin, drop it into the time, go into the controls panel and then make keyframes at even intervals (the closer together the keyframes-the faster the logo will spin), then on each keyframe take the logo and use the 3D rotation tools to spin the logo.

If you want you can key out the background of the logo image and add a jumpback. If you want the lower third you can add that or you can always just crop a jumpback down to lower third size.

Hope this helps.

RaVeN{base}
07-20-2007, 05:43 AM
Hi everybody,

I just got the tricaster studio via ups just today! Its not so bad... I was disappointed that it doesn't include vga cable so I had to go out and get it.

Live set is really cool! Unfortunately there is only one live set demo for me to use. I did contact newtek about this and they said that they are working on developing more live set. So anybody know where I can get more of that.

Im curious on how to make a 3-d moving logo like you see on the tricaster demo movie on the newtek page.

Such a newbie still.

Anybody get the Studio yet???

:newtek:
Are you a dealer or end user?
I only ask because I know the reseller demo we have just has the 1 virtual set, however we were told it would come with 5 sets to the end users.
If you are an end user do you happen to know any of the differences between the reseller demo (beta) and this unit?

Zane Condren
07-20-2007, 07:47 AM
He is a dealer with a demo unit.

RaVeN{base}
07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
He is a dealer with a demo unit.
Zane,
Can you let me know the differences between the demo beta version and the retail shipping version?
Thanks

Paul Lara
07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Not Zane, but I can tell you that the shipping version has several assets that were not available when the reseller beta units shipped:

- 110-page User manual
- STUDIO overview video on the drive
- additional (beautiful) Title Templates
- different green-screen sample clips than what shipped to resellers

Paul

gerenm
07-26-2007, 09:38 AM
- 110-page User manual

Paul

Any chance that manual will be available for download for those of us in the "evaluation" stages?

Paul Lara
07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Any chance that manual will be available for download for those of us in the "evaluation" stages?

Why certainly! You can download it here (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/TriCaster/TriCasterSTUDIO_manual.pdf) but only if you promise not to give away the ending. :D

Dan Hong
07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I heard Harry dies in the end!

gerenm
07-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Why certainly! You can download it here (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/TriCaster/TriCasterSTUDIO_manual.pdf) but only if you promise not to give away the ending. :D

Thanks! That'll be very helpful!

wjmhtony
08-01-2007, 06:40 AM
By looking at the on-line TriCaster Studio owner's manual, it doesn't look like the switcher operator will be able to monintor the camera inputs on the computer screen as is done with the original TriCaster. Is this true or am I not seeing thing correctly?

gerenm
08-01-2007, 07:15 AM
This is correct -- you'll need outboard monitors for the cameras. However, the Studio has a "preview monitor" as part of the main screen now. For some directors, that is incredibly important.