PDA

View Full Version : Toaster 2 Amiga 2000 problem

cvtechie
07-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a toaster 2 on Amiga 2000 and am having a problem with the output. Although it looks fine on all monitors, I am seeing a sync pulse at about -45 ire, a white level of 110 ire and a color burst of 65 ire from the internally generated colorbars and this is being transferred to all video being input to the switcher. This came about very suddenly, one day all was well, and the next it was as described above. The first thing I checked was all my terminations, and all is well there. The sync and white levels aren't too big a problem, but the color burst makes it very difficult to set proper chroma levels and subcarrier adjustments. On occasion I get a subcarrier scramble, where the colors go out of adjustment and black lines appear across the monitor screen. A very light tap on the case of the 2000 puts it back right (except for the sync, white, color burst levels).
A response from anyone with any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

JamesCurtis
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe your Toaster 2 has gone south. If it is in need of servicing, I believe NT does provide the service - and might noy cost much. A friend of mine had an old Amiga Toaster and he didn't have to pay anything for servicing [at least that's what he told me]. Get in touch with NT.

If it's the Amiga itself, THAT'S another issue.

cvtechie
07-02-2007, 03:45 PM
The first thing I checked was all my terminations, and all is well there.

Well, it turns out I missed one termination. It was in a place where I couldn't see. I called Newtek tech support, and they were very helpful, and because of my talk with their agent, I got the idea to check scope with just a camera running bars through it. That signal looked totally unterminated! Then it was just a matter of checking out the machinery downstream from there (a very small number) and found one switch in the wrong position. Boy is my face red, I should have known.
Thanks for your help.:foreheads