PDA

View Full Version : Someone sent a wmv project, can I play or convert on my VT4?

ken07
07-02-2007, 07:05 AM
A person brought over a usb drive with a windows media 10 minute video clip with music. A simple picture project.
I have loaded it into my video drive and when I click on the wmv, it brings up the windows media player and plays. HOWEVER,
I need to get this outputted to a dv tape.
1) can I somehow get the windows media player to route thru my VT4 and play out s video and audio?
2) Can I somehow burn this to a dvd?
3) Can this project be loaded into my toaster somehow and played.
I figure there should be a way, but damned if I know!!! thanks much, Ken

tfrank
07-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Looks like a job for Aura. Just import it in and re-render it out.

ken07
07-02-2007, 12:38 PM
thanks...i do not use aura? Would you be so kind as to tell me how to do that? thanks in advance.

chribba
07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
thanks...i do not use aura? Would you be so kind as to tell me how to do that? thanks in advance.

If itīs not possible o change wmv to avi you can try this online converter.
http://www.media-convert.com/

chribba

Ivan
07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
If you are running XP you should have a copy of Windows Movie Maker. If not, get it and load the video into that. There is an option to send video to DV Camera. From there you can dump it back in and encode for DVD.

Ivan

tfrank
07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Chribba is correct...I "spoke" too soon. I use Aura along with Mirage for so many things. I "gave" Aura more capabilities than it has.

dfee
07-02-2007, 07:30 PM
If you are running XP you should have a copy of Windows Movie Maker. If not, get it and load the video into that. There is an option to send video to DV Camera. From there you can dump it back in and encode for DVD.

Ivan

You can also choose to save it as a a DV-AVI file:
..File/Save movie File/My computer/(Show More Choices)/(Other Settings)/DV-AVI

DF