PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels error!

noyce
06-30-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to simulate some smoke in a scene and don't seem to be having much luck :(

I have create my null, assigned it as an emmitor. Then when I try to go into the hypervoxelsparticles i get the following message.

Plug in error
Could not create data object for HyperVoxelsParticles plug in.
This object already has a particle server.

Any ideas very much appreicated.

munky
06-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Hi there,

have you tried just adding an emittor as an object? not linked to a null.

Items/Add/DynamicObj/Particle

regards

paul

noyce
06-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Mmmm just tried that and received the same message :(

Strange, thanks for the suggestion though!

noyce
06-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Munky, I just read your newtek profile. Some AWESOME achievements and work on your portfolio, well done!

munky
06-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi Noyce,

Thank you for the compliment!

and perhaps you could reload the hypervoxels plugin? It might sort things out.

regards

Paul

noyce
06-30-2007, 06:56 AM
That didn't work :(

I've tried it on my Imac G5 and get the same message as on my PC!

If I go through what I'm doing can you confirm it's not being stupid (a very remote possibility that I am:D )

I've added an emitter.
I thne go to object properties and select Deform-Add displacement-HyperVoxelsparticles

Then I get the error, am I missing something?

munky
06-30-2007, 07:26 AM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hi Noyce,

yup you are! You should add the emitter then press ctrl F6 which will bring up the volumetrics panel. You then press Add Volumetric and add the HV plugin there. Double click it to bring up the HV panel which should have your emitter in its object list. Double click it and that will add the HV's to your particles!

regards

Paul

noyce
06-30-2007, 07:45 AM
That worked a treat :foreheads

Sorry for that, let myself down a bit there haven't I? Thank you so much for your help. Hope I can return the favour one day (although you'll know you've hit rock bottom when you need my help)

Cheers :beerchug:

munky
06-30-2007, 09:24 AM
You are very welcome!

when you are doing something new it's alwways easy to miss an important step or find the wrong option that seems to be the same.

The HV Particles plugin in the deform options is to set the HV base colour to that of the vertex colour map. ( I only know that because I just read it )

of course you will only be able to smoke outside after today! :)

regards

Paul