PDA

View Full Version : Move Entire Edit Line? VT4.6

badllarma
06-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi all I have a project that is about an hour long, done the edit added music tracks all the usual stuff now at the begining of the project I had left a gap at the begining for some still images but now it's done I did not need to leave that big a gap so what is the easyest way of dragging the whole lot along the edit line to loose the gap without loosing or cocking up all my editing, without having to render out the project??

Cheers
andy

badllarma
06-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Ignore me I was having a blond moment :twak: now sorted :thumbsup:

CreatvGnius
06-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi all I have a project that is about an hour long, done the edit added music tracks all the usual stuff now at the [beginning] of the project I had left a gap at the [beginning] for some still images but now it's done I did not need to leave that big a gap so what is the [easiest way to drag] the whole lot along the edit line to loose the gap without loosing or cocking up all my editing, without having to render out the project??

Cheers
andy
Wow. Now that badllarma has figured it out -- I just thought of a feature request, while thinking up how I'd accomplish what he was asking:

I suspect it would be useful, to have a tool accessible to us in SpeedEDIT-VT, that would permit us to instantly see the exact length, in mm:ss:ff, of a gap in a project -- and also...

Wait! One would simply go to the STORYBOARD for to get the exact duration of the "gap", by searching for the "black" space in the storyboard view which represents said gap. (Is there a time indicator inside there, provided the appropriate "view" setting is enabled?)

Obviously, deleting the "gap" would simply require clicking on the black, "blank space" crouton and hitting the keyboard's [DELETE].

Is *that* the approach you took, in eliminating it quickly badllarma -- or did you opt for a delete operation from within the TIMELINE?

SBowie
06-29-2007, 09:18 AM
One of the things the Storyboard is excellent for...

badllarma
06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
I actually choose the first item on the edit line pressed shift then went to the end of the edit line and choose the last (thus choosing all in between) then dragged the lot :foreheads
Why I did not do what SBowie said is beyond me I think I was time line focused at the time :rolleyes: