PDA

View Full Version : Custom subproject names....

kleima
06-28-2007, 10:58 AM
This goes for both VT and SE - I would like to be able to give custom names to each subproject. This would speed things up for me. Right now I have a one hour project that consists of 18 segments. Each segment is a subproject, and each segment fades from and to black at the ends. So, on the timeline I have 18 "clips" that have no icons and all say "subproject" on them! Not too visually intuitive as to where I am without scrubbing.

taylorpro
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Place a marker on the subproject and name it.

taylorpro
06-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Storyboard mode will give you icons even with fades.

Jim_C
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
This goes for both VT and SE - I would like to be able to give custom names to each subproject. .

This can already be done.

Highlight the sub project than down in the bottom where it says 'Subroject' above the Video and Audio Duration, erase the Subproject name and give it your own.

You can also drop a color on each one to help it stick out and differentiate.

SBowie
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Select a subproject, hit F8, and change the name shown in the Alias field at the top of the panel from "Sub Project" to "Hey, my sub project has a name!"

SBowie
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Just beat me by seconds, Jim ;)

kleima
06-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Oh boy... Some things just aren't obvious enough! :hey:
I always thought it would be renamed like a clip with a right click. I suppose this functionality has been in the VT for years, and I have been struggling along with every subproject named subproject! :twak:

wvp
06-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Oh boy... Some things just aren't obvious enough! :hey:
I always thought it would be renamed like a clip with a right click. I suppose this functionality has been in the VT for years, and I have been struggling along with every subproject named subproject! :twak:
Yep. When in doubt open the PDF manual and do a search - i.e. "subproject" and you will likely find the answer. If not, do a post here.