PDA

View Full Version : Has forum traffic decreased?

jsanfilippo
06-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Just curious of others' perception. I would say that activity on this forum has decreased steadily over the past 6 months or so. Just an observation. Any else agree? Any thoughts as to why?

billmi
06-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I think VT forum traffic not so much decreased as become split between the VT forums and SpeedEdit forums.

Lee U
06-28-2007, 08:18 AM
I think it might be a sign that VT is running pretty good. There is an increase in traffic on SE, but it seems to be more new people. SE is not my cup of Tea.
I'm not sure I want to upgrade to vs 5 even though I paid for it. Have a nice day

jsanfilippo
06-28-2007, 02:29 PM
I know that my VT system is running nearly flawlessly, which is part of the reason I, for one, haven't been asking many questions. But the SpeedEdit forum has probably taken some traffic.

nevmoor
07-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Funny you should bring this up. I have not been on the forums at all lately. Mostly because I do not have SE and the VT systems I use are runnin gpretty well.

Jim Capillo
07-03-2007, 12:20 PM
It's summer and everyone's out and about. I know I am..... :beerchug:

Pete Draves
07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll be grinch today!

They have all left for premiere cs3 or final cut studio

Joke joke...

Every body have a good 4th

Pete

ScorpioProd
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I'll be grinch today!

They have all left for premiere cs3 or final cut studio

Well no, it is true, and Vegas 7, too. People need to do what they need to do.

But that said, there are a lot of new people coming into the SpeedEDIT and TriCaster forums, since those are the currently "active" NewTek products.

I wouldn't expect to see more people in a VT forum until VT[5] ships, especially with VT[4] rather long in the tooth, it's natural for a "VT forum" to be rather slow until something new comes along.

jsanfilippo
07-03-2007, 03:54 PM
That is a VERY good point, Eugene.

I came onboard shortly before VT4 came out, and for awhile, it was very active. That's probably what I'm comparing it to.