PDA

View Full Version : Latest Kray!

sean hargreaves
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm asking load of questions today.
If I bought Kray NOW, what am I getting? Beta? And if so, why would I wait for the non-beta to come out, and does anyone know when that is?
Also, what is the latest non-beta version?
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

hrgiger
06-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Sean, I sent you a message but just to reiterate here, if you buy Kray now, you will probably be able to run both Kray 1.6 (non-beta) and 1.7 beta simultaneously on your computer. Much the same way a lot of us were running both Lightwave 9.0 and 9.2 while it was in beta.
Beta versions are generally not recommended for production because they have yet to be fully tested and put through a variety of scenarios to see how they hold up and how stable they are. While you can use them for production, they are given to you with the assumption that they may fail under certain conditions. Of course, the whole point of a beta is to try and get it to fail so the software developers can fix any shortcomings.
In all likelyhood, not even the programmers themselves would have an idea of when the final version will be out. It's anybodys guess, and the best answer anyone would probably give you is as soon as they can. So anywhere from a week to three years would be my best guess.

sean hargreaves
06-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Jesus H!