PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade question

intofx
02-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Just got an upgrade from 5.6 to 7.5 for a Macintosh G4 single 500mhz with system 9.2.2 installed. Currently the computer has an ADB dongle with an imate adaptor. Do I need to swap Newtek the ADB dongle for USB before installing? I'm sure that we will install OSX at some point down the road.

TIA
Matt

leapoffaith
02-20-2003, 05:50 PM
It probably would be best to get a USB dongle as soon as possible. Though other people have had success with the KeySpan adapter, a USB dongle would be the safer bet...

Miles
02-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Do yourself a favor and ask them to swap/upgrade you with a "DUO Dongle" that can be used on either platform (MAC or PC) LW systems. My original swap from an ADB dongle to USB was just a standard MAC USB dongle and I had to go through whole the swap (ordering $) motions a second time just to get the kind of dongle that works on both systems. I know you may not have a need for it if your currently only using MACs or may think you never will (I didn't), but if you're gonna bother with the swap you might as well just in case something changes your mind and/or you find your in a cross platform work environment.

Hope that helps, if not now then L8r... ;)