PDA

View Full Version : lightwave student version limitations

jnddepew
06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi. I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can find a document or something that tells all the stuff you are and aren't allowed to do with the student version of lightwave? I've searched, but I can't find anything.

thanks

walfridson
06-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Don't sell you work, simple as that..

LAV
06-27-2007, 04:17 PM
You have to make your school to post the order to Newtek. Or you have to obtain a certificate of your teacher/student status and send it to NT.
Then you can use LW as you want but not for commercial purposes.
With NT Europe I found it very easy to do.

Snosrap
06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
LW is in no way crippled. You get the full shabang, code wise and dongle. You just can't sell your work that you do with LW and there is no support from Newtek, that is to be supplied by your institute. Course you can always come to the forums for help.

Note: I ordered my son an educational version from Provantage several years ago and only got a dongle and a copy of the educational liscense. No CD, no manual. No problem though as I was able to provide that for him from my work.

Cheers
Snosrap

hrgiger
06-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Most educational versions of software are not disabled and are usally the same version you get with the full software. Often if it is limtied in some way, it is usually something that a student might not use anyways such as the number of render nodes perhaps. But the LW educational version only differs in price.

LAV
06-28-2007, 01:56 AM
LW is in no way crippled. You get the full shabang, code wise and dongle. You just can't sell your work that you do with LW and there is no support from Newtek, that is to be supplied by your institute. Course you can always come to the forums for help.

Note: I ordered my son an educational version from Provantage several years ago and only got a dongle and a copy of the educational liscense. No CD, no manual. No problem though as I was able to provide that for him from my work.

Cheers
Snosrap

I bought LW 7.5 edu and they shipped me CDs-dongle and (heavy) paper manual. Then I got upgrades in CD and via internet. then I received just the CDs of LW 8.5 and net upgrade of LW 9.x. Anyway the service is good enought even for a statal bureau (the purchaer :D )