PDA

View Full Version : weightmaps and modify tab

calilifestyle
06-26-2007, 11:32 PM
i belive i know this but i want to make ure im right about few simple things. In layout theres no way of veiwing weight maps right, or to get a list of them with out going into propererties. while in modeler the only way to select weightmaps is by using the tab on the bottom right correct is there way to open up a dilog box that let me see my list of maps and select there.
2nd alot more simple does lighwave always have one of the modify items on ei. move,rotate ect. i mean i know i use the tool but when im trying to select a bone from mesh its kind hard to when u slip and move mesh and dont click just right on the bone

voriax
06-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Doh, I thought the Statistics panel down the bottom might have an option to select points by weight map, but it doesn't!
Anyway, I don't think there is any other way of selecting which weight map you're using, than by the tab in the lower right corner.

Press space to deselect move/rotate/other tools. You'll get used to the cursor changing appearance for each tool and you'll be able to see which tool is or isnt selected by the look of the cursor.

SplineGod
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
The vertex panel in modeler allows selection of most types of V maps LW supports. In layout you can show weight maps that have bones assigned.
You can probably view weight maps in layout by using vertex paint.

calilifestyle
06-26-2007, 11:56 PM
thnx Voriax in modeler i know i can stop anyof the tools , but in layout it just cycles move/ rotate/scale when i press space bar

thnx splineGod not sure whats up with my short cuts but V mirrors and v just lets me set values

calilifestyle
06-27-2007, 12:03 AM
lol nvm i miss read splinG