PDA

View Full Version : New to Lightwave

Luddemannen
06-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am new to lightwave, but not to 3d, I downloaded the trial of 9.2 PC yesterday, But I have this newbie problem, seems that I cannot render in any higher resolution than 640x480 in preview, I have checked the save to rgb and named it accordingly, but nothing is saved, Is this a limitation of the trial version, or what am I missing ?

Cageman
06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello!!! Always nice to see a fellow Swede joining these forums! Welcome!

Have you tried changing the resolution in the Camera Properties panel? Or, have you by accident activated Use Global (checkbox) in the Camera Properties panel? If so, either uncheck it or use the Render Globals panel to change the resolution.

To my knowledge, LightWave should be fully working in 30 days without any limitations. After 30 days, all kinds of limitations pop into the software.

Good luck and I hope you'll enjoy the software as well as the great community that LightWave has, both here and at other fourms.

Make sure you ask as many questions as you may think of...

Cheers... eller... Skål, som man säger här i Svergie! :)

Luddemannen
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks,That worked, I had to activate use global, then it worked, now I can render in any resolution, however, I can´t save a single rgb picture, nothing is saved, but if render a range of pictures it saves them, hmm, only second day with lw

"skål på dej självans !!"

Cageman
06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi.

Are you using F9 when rendering?

F9 renders the current frame and displays the image in a window (as you may have noticed). If you want to save the rendered image, use F10, but set the range only for the frame you want to save out.

The easiest way, however, to render a single frame is to simply hit F9 and then save the image using the File dropdown menu that you can find in the window that shows the image.

LightWave is a very handy and fast tool when mastering it. However, some of the workflow can be tricky and it will take a while to get used to it, especially if you are familiar with other 3D-apps.

May I ask what other 3D-tools you are familiar with?

Luddemannen
06-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Yes, I used F9 and saved with the drop down menu, and I also sat the range to render 1 frame, seemed to work, other apps I have worked with is 3dstudio r3 the old one in Dos and 3dstudio max 4 and blender