PDA

View Full Version : Layer empty but little triangle still there!

Johnny
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I just cleared something out of a layer, yet there's still a little triangle in that layer's box at top right where there layer icons are.

I have zoomed way in and way out and see nothing..no poly, no point no nothing.

Ctrl X doesn't fix it....little triangle still there.

any clues?

J

Lightwolf
06-26-2007, 11:23 AM
You mean a dot in the triangle?
The triangle itself is the foreground layer (if I think of the same thing as you describe). Geometry within the layer is marked with a small black dot.

Cheers,
Mike

Johnny
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
I mean a triangle in the top left corner of the layer..in my version of LW it's a triangle, not a dot. that triangle is visible on a layer containing something whether that layer is selected or not.

J

Lightwolf
06-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I mean a triangle in the top left corner of the layer..in my version of LW it's a triangle, not a dot. that triangle is visible on a layer containing something whether that layer is selected or not.

D'oh, you're right. Ignore me, will 'ya? ;)

Cheers,
Mike - who needs to get that old UI out of his head...

archijam
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I had the same, but it was because it was referenced by HD Instance in Layout (and a pre 1.8 HD bug with LW9.2). Wouldn't let me clear the layer. Is anything using the layer via the Hub?

j.

Johnny
06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
couldn't say, as I don't use the Hub (same reason many others have stopped using it!)

it was wierd...I was deleting things I didn't need, and deleted from that partic layer, yet things remained (according to that triangle)

wierd. I'm hoping to track down whatever it is so that it doesn't come back and bite me in the, uh, kneecap.

J

BazC
06-27-2007, 01:37 AM
I had that once, I think I fixed it by adding some geometry to the layer then deleting it again, or maybe cut (Cmd x) worked, I forget. I know it happened when I was organising a model, cutting and pasting between many layers. I think LW just got confused! :D

scenicdave
06-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Anything hidden?
regards
Dave Tracey
Sydney

brian.coates
06-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Anything hidden?

Yeah, I was going to say that.

Press "\" and see if anything turns up.

shrox
06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Sometimes, if you delete or alter a poly, then move to a different layer, then undo, the polys you altered in the previous layer will appear. Happened to me again just yesterday.

byte_fx
07-02-2007, 06:24 PM
This can also happen if the now empty layer is still listed as a parent layer for another layer.

In that case it'll also usually show up as an active layer when the object is loaded.

byte_fx