PDA

View Full Version : Opening LW9.2 documents

chemaelizondo
06-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone.
For some time now I`ve been stuck working with LW 9 instead of 9.2. The problem is that I can not open any 9.2 docs after they`ve been created.
It wont work even as I try to load the documents from within the application.

Does anyone know of any workaround to this problem ?

You can find my original post at:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69974

Thanks

JM

Scazzino
06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Are you already saving them out of LW9.2 as version 6? You need to use File->Save->Scene->Save 6.0 Scene... if you're using the studio menu layout. It's probably named similarly, but may be in a different place in the default menu layout.

Version 6.0 was the scene file format up to and including LW9.0. With LW9.2 the scene format changed which is why you can't open a LW9.2 scene in LW9.0...

chemaelizondo
06-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Im saving the document as object.lwo and scene.lws from LW9.2 and then cant open it again. (all in 9.2)

Any thoughts ?
Thanks

Chilton
06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi,

First, check to make sure the files do exist in the path it's looking for. For example, make sure you did not change the name of the hard drive, or move the files to a different folder or disk.

Second, rename that LW Works II folder to remove the spaces, and see if that does the trick. If it does fix it, that's a bug, and please let me know!

-Chilton

chemaelizondo
06-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I changed the name of the folder so that there would be no spaces in the names and it worked.
So far so good.

Thanks

JM