PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Speed Issues

Jay Grewall
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I have an animation which is 24 seconds in duratation. But when I render a QuickTime, it ends up being 12 seconds in duration, making everything twice as fast, including all video footage I have mapped in the scene.

I am using LW 7.5d on a MAC. My preference settings are below. Has anyone experienced this before? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...

http://imokwear.com/RenderingSettings.png

Scazzino
06-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Haven't used 7.5 in a very long time. I seem to recall there used to be some frame rate issues saving QuickTime's but that may have been for previews... not sure...

Anyway. I'd suggest rendering out to still RGB images and then just open the image sequence in QuickTime player pro and save it as a QuickTime file. I always render to still RGB images and compress to QuickTime in QuickTime Pro, After Effects, Premiere or any other video editing application. That way you can compress to various frame rates, codecs, compression ratios, formats, sizes etc.

Also if the render fails part way through you won't lose everything, the already rendered frames will still be there...

:thumbsup: