PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Speed Issues

Jay Grewall
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I have an animation which is 24 seconds in duratation. But when I render a QuickTime, it ends up being 12 seconds in duration, making everything twice as fast, including all video footage I have mapped in the scene.

I am using LW 7.5d on a MAC. My preference settings are below. Has anyone experienced this before? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...

http://imokwear.com/RenderingSettings.png

gerry_g
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
That dialogue only tells you what you've set up LW's time line and open GL to prevue render at, the one in the 'Render Globals' you use to set up the save will be the one that determines the actual frame rate. To find it go to the top Tabs – Render<Render Globals<Output (last but one of the small tabs) and make sure you select the correct flavor of QT (one with the same frame rate from the dropdown) cos if it ant the same the duration will be different

toby
06-25-2007, 08:04 PM
If you render to an image sequence instead of a QT, you'll have far fewer problems like this. It's much safer too.

G M D THREE
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
If you render to an image sequence instead of a QT, you'll have far fewer problems like this. It's much safer too.

Yep stick with image sequence. QT is a bad idea as a render format. Rendering to a image seq. has multiple advantages, you can stop a render and start it where you left at a other time, re render frames that have a error and mostly when a long render crashes you are not totally f...t

In general as 3D is don't output in real time and sometimes a frame can render for hours you want to be very protective over every frame you create!

You can easily open a image sequence with QT and choose frame rate when you do so and export it to what ever you want from there! (not sure if thats QT pro only, but its worth the 30 bucks if so)

///

toby
06-25-2007, 10:56 PM
If you don't want to pop for QT Pro you can download QT Ametuer for free -
no that ain't a joke :)