PDA

View Full Version : UV Tools - Dictating non-XYZ Plane?

kopperdrake
06-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I have an S-Shaped seat I'd like to UV with a wicker texture - is there any plug-in out there that will let me prompt LW to create continuous UVs from a variable projection direction? For example, the base of the chair is in the Z plane, the seat is in the Y, then the back in the Z again, with soft curves between the planes. It would be great to sketch in the X view a profile of the UV map I wanted. Is this possible?

Thanks muchly for pointers :thumbsup:

SplineGod
06-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Theres really no projections when it comes to UV maps. The so called projections you see are simply tools to help you 'unwrap' or 'flatten' the UV coords. There are some tools that can help in that regard such as the PLG tools you can find on flay.com.

kopperdrake
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for that Larry - I'll have a look at them to see if they help :)

Steve Warner
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
The UV Spider tool should allow you to do this. It's native and can be found in teh Map | Texture | More menu. There's also a third-party tool called UV Bandmapper (http://downloads.laffeycomputer.com/bandmapper/) that is similar to UV Spider. It may help you do what you want. The PLG tools are great, but they aren't necessarily the best for winding surfaces.