PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with 9.2 and FPrime ...

G3D
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
... on an HP Pavillion dv9000 with Vista, 2 gigs ram and an NVidia GeForce Go 7600. Not sure exactly where the trouble is, but it think its the video card driver. About a month ago, I posted that this problem happens only with the node editor; now it seems using backdrop->sunspot causes the same trouble. When the crash happens, the cursor freezes and then everything goes black from 30 seconds to as much as one minute.

These problems don't happen on my other system, which is a Dell Precision 450 with XP, 4 gigs ram and an ATI Radeon 9200.

Anyone else have a similar setup? Or better yet a solution? Thanks in advance!

jasonwestmas
06-24-2007, 11:50 PM
I've been hearing that there are problems with the Go cards and Fprime.

I have a GeForce 8600 GTS. It works with Fprime but some of the buttons don't show themselves all throughout lightwave. Pobably a separate problem entirely. Sorry about yours.

richardo
06-25-2007, 12:07 AM
not sure if its related but when i have modeler open fprime just doesnt work properly..........i get alot of strange wireframe views, black screens (in the fprime window previewer) and also alot of hanging.........
closing modeler and re-openeing the scene fixes the problem.............
but i guess mr. worley knows about these issues already?

richard

jasonwestmas
06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
not sure if its related but when i have modeler open fprime just doesnt work properly..........i get alot of strange wireframe views, black screens (in the fprime window previewer) and also alot of hanging.........
closing modeler and re-openeing the scene fixes the problem.............
but i guess mr. worley knows about these issues already?

richard

I have not had that issue before and I'm not sure Worley knows. Send him your computer specs. The only issue I have had with modeler and Fprime open simultaneously is that if you switch to modeler while Fprime is running you will crash layout.

claudioarchi
06-25-2007, 10:16 AM
I have a toshiba A100 laptop 2 gig ram and nvidia go force 7600 on Vsita Ultimate and Fprime does not work either with LW 9.2. I turn off UAC , SuperFetch and incremental (backup) shadow copy and i was able at least to open an FPrime window, but as soon as i try to move this window, LW crashes. I juts gave up and i'm using fprime with an XP based computer it works prefectly. Hope Worley try to solve this problem, I send them an e-mail but i have no answer yet.

Good Luck

nlightuk
06-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Maybe it's just the newer GeForce Go cards - I have a 6800 Go here and it works just fine with all the 9.x builds.

jasonwestmas
06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I actually do have Lightwave display issues with my newer Geforce card but it's not a "Go" card. Luckily it works fine with Fprime but I can't tell if some buttons are activated or not and which ones are which because some of the buttons are blank. So obviously I think this Fprime problem is "Go" specific and not necessarily "new card" or "Nvidia" specific.

claudioarchi
06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I actually do have Lightwave display issues with my newer Geforce card but it's not a "Go" card. Luckily it works fine with Fprime but I can't tell if some buttons are activated or not and which ones are which because some of the buttons are blank. So obviously I think this Fprime problem is "Go" specific and not necessarily "new card" or "Nvidia" specific.

I completle agree with you jasonwestmas i've been testing fprime an LW 9.2 in different computers with different settings and video cards and all the cards i've tested so far woked perfectly. I really thik it is a Go problem, and Nvidia does not reply to my questions....:thumbsdow