PDA

View Full Version : Off by 2 frames?

Rhothgar
06-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I guess this is kind of a noob question but I don't have hours of time to comb the net trying to find the answer. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I am working on a shot that has several layers. Basically a load of a skeletons are attacking the actor. I am rendering in separate scenes / layers to have more control over things and keep my system from crashing etc... I usually don't do compositing. So I don't know much about all the ins and outs. Usually I ship the renders off to the compositing guys and there you go. But in order to figure out the timing of one layer (a few skeletons) I rendered out a few other layers and used lightwave to comp them and brought that sequence into the background. The shot is 83 frames and the sequence is 83 frames but for some reason layout starts the background sequence 2 frames ahead and what should end at frame 83 ends at frame 81. (checking sinc with frame 0 or 1 does not seem to make a differance...)

:stumped: has anyone had this issue before?

G M D THREE
06-23-2007, 10:55 PM
When you import the seq in the image editor, you can set the start frame, in and out point, as well as frame rate. Adjusting start frame should fix your worries.

Good luck. ///

Rhothgar
06-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks. I went back and checked each scene and realized that I rendered two layers from frames 0 to 83 and one from 1 to 83 then further found that my live action footage is "1" to 83 but I had the shot set up from 0 -83.....Anyway I fixed it. What's that saying? "Measure twice and cut once?" I'm trying to work to fast I guess. I've been dealing with live footage for... well most all of the time I use lightwave and I've never made this mistake....thanks for your help!