PDA

View Full Version : point count?

sean hargreaves
06-22-2007, 07:26 PM
What does it mean when I'm trying to export a lightwave file and it says 'Lightwave point count exceeded'? Help please!

Snosrap
06-22-2007, 07:32 PM
It means you are using LW in it's demonstration mode and either do not own a full license with dongle or are having problems with your dongle.

Cheers
Snosrap

sean hargreaves
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Hmmm, interesting point Snosrap (or Parsons, as in the school?). Could it be anything else because I'm not in demo mode, nor have I had any problems with my dongle.

Snosrap
06-22-2007, 11:53 PM
(or Parsons, as in the school?).

Darn, my cover is blown.

Well, it could be that your model is too big. The LW object format has polygon and point limits AFAIK. I know that in version 8.3 the point limit per polygon increased from 1024 to 16383 points. Not sure what the total point limit per object is for 8 thru 9, but I do know that LW had a 65,536 point limit for objects prior to version 6. Might want to investigate that some if you are indeed working with large objects. Are you positive your not getting the Discovery mode error? See attached.

Cheers

sean hargreaves
06-23-2007, 08:55 AM
No, not Discovery mode. But the other info you gave regarding the point count per LW versions was helpful.

Also, I figured out your signature as Parsons because when I was young I had a friend who's last name was Parkinson, and we just called him Nosnikrap! :D

Snosrap
06-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Nosnikrap!

Love it! Yeah when I was a kid one of the fads of the day was to call kids by their name backwards, or just shorten it. Everybody called me Par.

Cheers
Par