PDA

View Full Version : Layout: How to set one axis of position/scale/etc. for multiple items at once?

Weepul
06-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi all, I have what feels like a really newbish question...

If I've selected multiple items (be they lights, objects, or so forth), how can I set one value for a single motion channel across all of them at once? You know how you can multi-select lights and change all of their intensities from the Light Properties panel? That's what I'm trying to do with X-Position or Z-Scale. If I change a value via the little set of numerical fields at the lower-left corner of the screen, it only applies to one of the many selected items (probably the one I selected first...or is it last...whichever).

In particular, I'm trying to center a bunch of lights to their respective parent nulls, but preserve their Y-position. I'm not looking for workarounds like scaling all the nulls to <0,1,0> via the viewport (since, after all, I don't know how to SET these values en mass :bangwall:). In the time it took to write this post, I went ahead and did that anyway. :oye:

Bytehawk
06-22-2007, 05:18 PM
wouldn't the graph editor work, just multi select the Y channels - select the keyframe and insert new value ...

or the spreadsheet editor if that doesn't work...

Weepul
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Well yes, the graph editor works, but unless there's a way other than shift-double-clicking on all the channels I want to edit simultaneously to load them into the active editor section thingy (I'm a lot better at editing graphs than making the editor bend to my whims :oye:) it's nowhere near as convenient as shift-click selecting a group of items from the scene editor.

As for the spreadsheet, I thought that would work but it doesn't seem to exist in LW 9... Didn't it die after LW 7?

Weepul
06-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Finally found it in the new scene editor: set the properties to Channels:Values, then expand the channels set for the objects in question. To add insult to injury, the mousewheel won't scroll it, like you could in the classic scene editor. :thumbsdow At least I can filter out all the channels I don't want to edit.

It could be so much simpler...