PDA

View Full Version : 10.4.10 upgrade anyone?

Johnny
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
anyone tried the latest tiger update?

any problems to report? Is it worth making it a priority to install?

J

Phil
06-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Installed and working fine here on an MBP C2D 2.33 GHz. There's always that scary moment where the machine sits for several minutes on the first reboot, but it came up without trouble and LW has been fine. No obvious issues, although PathFinder 4.7 is still throwing exception errors every so often (and has been since 10.4.9)

Phil
06-23-2007, 03:22 AM
Hmmm. MacFuse also appears to have gone a bit wonky. *puzzled* NTFS-3g is claiming read/write, but only read seems to be possible.

v1u1ant
06-23-2007, 07:08 AM
is that an external hard drive?
i had a problem with one of mine so i had to reformat it to see it. It was even in macosx journaled, go figure. I have a another exactly the same drive but that wasnt attached when i updated that i could still see.

But the update was fine otherwise, had a slightwobbly on reboot. It rebooted twice

Nigel Baker
06-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Its working fine here too.
No sign of any problems.

Regards,
Nigel.

Phil
06-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Bah. I'm getting audio pops from my MBP with 10.4.10. *mutter* I thought it was a dying external harddisk, but this doesn't seem to be an isolated problem :

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=317289

Phil
06-25-2007, 02:22 AM
i had a problem with one of mine so i had to reformat it to see it. It was even in macosx journaled, go figure. I have a another exactly the same drive but that wasnt attached when i updated that i could still see.

But the update was fine otherwise, had a slightwobbly on reboot. It rebooted twice

Not been able to reproduce the read/write glitch, although would probably find that Parallels is the cause. I only use it to update apps and occasional files on the BootCamp partition, so it's not critical.

All external disks are running the macosx journalled filesystem and are accessed via MacDrive under Windows, and natively under linux (which was a pleasant surprise). FAT32 doesn't seem to be the only universally available disk format any more :)

gerry_g
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
i had a problem with one of mine so i had to reformat it to see it.

All external drive should be set to 'Ignore Ownership' in the 'Get info' dialogue panel, system updates tend to play with their permission settings as part of their clean up process and that's why it's always best practice to disconnect them prior to an update.