PDA

View Full Version : Audio start time not working :(

noyce
06-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi,

This is a problem I'm sure I have encountered before and I haven't a clue where I'm going wrong!

I have my scene with two characters who are having a conversation and I need to import my audio to start creating the lip synching.

However, no matter what I do the audio always imports at 0 on the time frame. I adjust the audio start time but it makes no difference. Any ideas "VERY" much appreciated.

Incidentally, I considered using DAZ Mimic and thought I would give the demo a quick spin to see if it was as good as I had heard but I couldn't get it to run. When Importing the plugin I get the following error.

This application has failed to start because DevIL.dll was not found.

JamesCurtis
06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
That file is a required file for Mimic LW to run. I know the file is part of the full working version of MimicPro For LW as I bought the program a few months back! Not sure why the demo doesn't have it. It also might have been placed in the wrong directory or folder during install of the demo. The file needs to be in LW's program directory to work.

If for some reasom you don't find it you can contact DAZ3d to ask them about the DevIl.dll file, or you might try a search for it using google.

Mimic does work pretty good, BTW

noyce
06-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Thank you for the reply mate. I'll have a go at searching for it. If I can find it do you know which directory I should paste it in!

Sorry to keep asking questions :)

JamesCurtis
06-24-2007, 09:33 AM
It goes into your LW Programs directory, the same place Mimic's main program and its other .dll files should be. You may want to cosider getting in touch with Daz3d about the missing .dll. Tech there is very helpful from my experience.

We-Co
06-24-2007, 02:25 PM
I had problems with this same thing. You have take all the files in the "Program" folder that came with Daz3d demo and put them in LightWave's Program folder, make sure the Pulgin from Daz3d is in your utility's folder.

noyce
06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
I'll give it a try and report back. Thank you!

noyce
06-27-2007, 05:26 AM
Excellent! I've managed to get the mimic demo to work so thank you for your help.

I'm still having the problem with adding audio though and I'm getting pretty deperate. I realise the audio is in seconds not frames but regardless it appears at 0 :(

I've tried changing the audio start time before I add it and after but it makes no difference.

Any ideas VERY much appreciated.:help:

We-Co
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
The only thing I can think of is changing the time on the audio itself.

JamesCurtis
06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, unfortunately Daz MimicPro for LW does not have a way to adjust the start frame/time of an audio file. I found it best to record the audio dialog and allow silence until the character is supposed to speak. MimicPro for LW has not been updated in a while and there's no clue if it will.