PDA

View Full Version : SDK Access for Pixel Filters

jasonwestmas
06-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Dear Newtek,

Do you have any future plans to give 3rd party renderers SDK access to the post process pixel filters? Is this impossible or just unlikely. . .?

Sensei
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
It's one of the simplest things to do.. Give me LW source and I will add it in a day including adopting VirtualRender changes..

Lightwolf
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
It's one of the simplest things to do.. Give me LW source and I will add it in a day including adopting VirtualRender changes..
Give me a day and I'll load the plugins directly into your plugin ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Sensei
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Nasty boy! :p You're thinking just about plugging to somebody.. :p

jasonwestmas
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Geewiz. . .if it's on the easy side to implement this then what's the hold up I wonder? Is the pixel and image filter stuff that much of a secret that adding access to them in the SDK would compromise security? :D

Jarno
06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Ah yes. The "it must be a simple thing to add" belief. I was a subscriber to that as well. Then I saw the actual LW source code. Now I live in damnation.

---JvdL---

RedBull
06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Ah yes. The "it must be a simple thing to add" belief. I was a subscriber to that as well. Then I saw the actual LW source code. Now I live in damnation.

---JvdL---

LOL, yeah i really can imagine.....

A decade of Spaghetti C originally designed as two applications for the Amiga. (the mind boggles, and that's without seeing it)

If the LW Source is actually all in C? (not wrapped in C++) you would have to pay me large sums of money (bill gates level) to want to do anything with it.
Anything over 10,000 lines of spaghetti C, and my head really hurts.....

I also have no desire to C XP or Vista codebase either, because you can tell just from using it, it should be burned at the stake... Now you know why the Lux boys were keen to start from scratch... :)

jasonwestmas
06-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmm, yeah if coding lightwave is anything like untangling christmas tree lights after sipping some of grandpa's eggnog then it's no wonder. . .

Sensei
06-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Now you know why the Lux boys were keen to start from scratch... :)

Modo is written in C, not in C++.. ;)

Phil
06-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Low you know why the Lux boys were keen to start from scratch... :)

Now all their customers have to do is pray really, really hard that they learnt lessons from massively screwing up LW.

The new dev team may currently live in damnation, but I appreciate their willingness to suffer in the name of a good cause, and hope that said suffering is short lived as all the crap gets kicked out of the system.

Titus
06-22-2007, 07:53 AM
The new dev team may currently live in damnation, but I appreciate their willingness to suffer in the name of a good cause, and hope that said suffering is short lived as all the crap gets kicked out of the system.

From a source I know NewTek cloned most of the original dev team, they didn't have to suffer understanding the code and they live eating Krispy Kreme :D.