PDA

View Full Version : scaling model down without messing up morph targets...help please

ece3k
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Hello,
I have a head that has morph targets already setup but I need to scale my head down alot (2%) and when I do and then select a morph shape it seems to be moving my points back to their original place....so the face explodes. I thought scaling the base mesh would resize all the morphs as well. I am doing this in modeller just using the scale function in poly mode. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Erik
[email protected]

MSherak
06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
There are commands for doing what you need..

Apply Morph
Scale Morph
Rotate Morph

Basically all the things you need to make your morphs work.. plus you can check www.flay.com for morph plugins if needed..

ece3k
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Ok,
I found apply morph, but am looking for "rotate" and "scale morph". Are those plug ins? I checked Flay....not really seeing the right thing...
Thanks for your help.
Erik

ece3k
06-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I found them.....thanks

PixelFarmer
09-30-2007, 01:10 PM
We need something that is interactive and has the same numeric panel functionality of the rotate tool and will move the morphs as well. Anyone know if there is such a tool?

ece3k
10-01-2007, 07:14 AM
I have used the apply morph feature to copy all the morph targets out to individual layers, and then have done a select all layers ---> scale, then after its all the right size, I have then used bkg to morph to make those layers morph targets again. This works, but is a pain when you start working with loads of morph targets.

That's a workaround anyway.
Erik