PDA

View Full Version : Toaster CG Crashes

DistanceEd
02-20-2003, 04:32 PM
I noticed this question was on the old message board, but I ddin't come across an answer. When I am using ToasterCG, there are times I want to copy and paste text from one CG page to another. If I copy more than one small piece of text, the program crashes and I have to reboot the whole system. Have any of the builds addressed this problem? I believe I am using build 3718.

B. Schuster
02-26-2003, 12:03 PM
I am also using 3718, reported this a few months ago, no fix yet.

So until then when I need to copy more than one line of text I group them and copy the group.. So far that is working but I ALWAYS save my work first.

creach
02-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to just clone the cg page, and then make changes to the clone?

Dan

DistanceEd
02-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Creach,
In my case, that isn't an option. I use the same text over different backgrounds. After I have designed the new background, then I copy the text over. If I were to clone the CG page, delete the existing backgound, then create the new background, the text would get in the way. So, unfortunately, I don't think that would work. I do, however, appreciate your advice.

DEd

bobby
03-03-2003, 11:11 AM
You could still clone, delete the current background, insert the new background, then use the page layout view to adjust the background where you could see all of the text. Just drag the background to the top of the view, and everything under that should be visible.

Dick Nelson
03-24-2003, 08:32 PM
We are brand new to VT[2] and while we really like it, we're having a lot of problems with the CG freezing. Doesn't seem to be associated with any particular operation, although I have noticed it most often when dragging pages up or down to change the order.

Perhaps this should be in a different thread, but we also have another problem. When cloning pages, it does not copy image files on the page (such as tga files imported into CG). We use these for backgrounds quite often and I swear that I successfully cloned such pages a few days ago, but I can't now. When we clone a page with an imbedded image file it clones all the text, etc., created within CG, but not the image.

Dick Nelson
03-27-2003, 08:47 PM
I have solved the problem of cloning pages with images, but it is more a workaround than a solution.

If I create a rectangle the size of the screen, then use an image as the "fill" for the rectangle, I can then clone the page and the image goes with it. A bit clunky, but it works.