PDA

View Full Version : Vague Stream Question

NVentive
06-21-2007, 08:01 AM
We've been doing a weekly live iTV show with our [4] for a client who is broadcasting via Ustream.tv. We have to use the Ustream login/stream screen, point that to the 'VT device,' we end up with a nice-enough looking 'cast that can see our VT switcher but not our DSK.
Sooo.... I'm switching the cameras in our creaky old Amiga, using the keyer there for scolls, sending the program out over to the [4] and mixing that with 'downsized-for-crop' DDR clips with the VT switcher. Rube Goldberg would be proud....
This morning I am finally getting around to installing an SX-8 on the [4]. I have no idea if the Ustream pathway will see that at all. I'll be thrilled if it does, but that will leave me with a bit more stuff in the path to a key.
Has anyone done anything like this, is there a way to get a scroll on a live switch that will show up on this kind of stream? Or have I missed something blindingly obvious..... thanks -S

NVentive
06-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Otay -- I'll reply to my own post....
UStream does see the SX-8, but I still can't get it to see the DSK. I'm still having to loop one of the cameras thru the creaky old miggy to get a key that UStream can see. Any ideas?

Randy Rouse
07-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Be sure you are using Program Out not Main In as your source. Main In will not include the DSK as far as I know.