PDA

View Full Version : LW9.2 QTVR for Flash Panorama Player

stevenyc
06-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Hello,
I am trying to learn how to use the Panorama Player (http://flashpanoramas.com/player) for Flash 9. I've already generated a test in layout which is very smooth but with many many frames (600, ha ha!), following a LW QTVR video that I downloaded. Ok, that will not work in panorama player. That program uses only 6 frames, front, back, left, right, top, bottom. These also require a specific file naming format -- (file name)_b.jpg, (file name)_f, (file name)_l, (file name)_r, and so on.

Basically, an equirectangular or cube faced images. The player is surprisedly smooth and detailed with the 6 images.

First, how do I generate these images in LW9.2. I downloade an equirectangular plugin for the advanced camera but I can't find the preset option after I loaded the preset.

Second, once I do generate the equirectangulay frames, will these be one long, single image?

Third, is there a cubic faced plugin that will generate the six images and how would I set the camera (lense fov, etc) in layout?

Fourth (and last, yea!!), is it possible to set up the naming format in LW as (file name)_f, (file name)_b, and so forth?

Pleeaassseee, somebody heeelllllppppp me!!!!

Best Regards,
~s~:thumbsdow

StereoMike
06-20-2007, 02:53 PM
If I get that right, you want to have 6 images (cause it's a cube) with a 90 deg field of view (fov) each, right?

You can set up all that in the camera properties. And you gotta adjust the image size to e.g. 512x512 square pixels.
Finally keyframe some 90 degrees rotation on frames 0-5
e.g.
frame 0: 0 deg heading
frame 1: 90 deg heading
frame 2: 180 deg heading
frame 3 270 deg heading
frame 4: 0 deg heading, 90 deg pitch
frame 5: 0 deg heading, -90 deg pitch

and you're done.

mike