PDA

View Full Version : Lw 9.2 Lwsn Problems

MAUROCOR
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi there. I figure that lw 9.2 have a new scene system. with lw 9.0 u cant open lw 9.2 scene, and lwsn stand alone render engine change too to the newest version. the problem is that i cant render via the new lwsn command line and the old lwsn cant read newest scenes. I use it every day this method and now it doesent work any more. Im actually runs that command via a program called Butterfly net render that its great. but the support of Butterfly tel me that this is a problem of the new LWSN. The lwsn Crashes with annex9.dll error in the detailed view of the crash.

Any suggestion ?

many Thanks.

voriax
06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Does it crash when it runs LWSN.exe? or is it crashing when it loads a scene file?

You're right, 9.2 scenes are different to 9.0 scenes. As far as I know, I don't think any standalone SN Controllers (like butterfly net render) can read a 9.2 scene file properly yet. If you want to use 9.2 as a net renderer, you may have to set it up to work with LW's in-built screamernet controller. Annoying, I know.

If it's crashing on running lwsn.exe, double check to make sure all the files are updated on each node. I just copy my entire programs directory to each node every time there's an upgrade to make sure every .dll or whatever is the right one.

Eugeny
06-21-2007, 02:52 AM
You can always export 9.2 scene to 9 scene format - it's called "Save 6.0 scene" (from 6 to 9 it's the same format) ...
And, you can use D-Storm LWSNC controller (which was updated and can read 9.2 scenes) as a temp solution until Butterfly will move to 9.2.

Javier
06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I've used lwsn yesterday with 9.2 OB6 and no problems at all. I used 5 cpus and all worked perfectly, better than I remembered...

Javier
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
btw I used it in both ways: lwsn -2 and -3

voriax
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Same.. I've been using SN all through the beta and release cycles and haven't had a problem with it (except that unfortunate non-saving image fault which is now fixed).

I wasn't happy about having to go back to the old inbuilt SN controller, but you get used to it.. NT are planning on a remake of the whole LWSN system, I think (I hope). Maybe a native SN controller where you can add more than one scene at a time? *pulls out hair*

Yavinesh
06-22-2007, 07:00 AM
what i did was open 9.2 version scene file in notepad, then change number 4 under LWSN to 3. And save it. Now you can open the file in LW9.0 with plugin error which is not available in 9.0 and also load the objects again. It works for me, it should for you too. :lightwave

shrox
06-22-2007, 07:15 AM
I get strange appearances in modeler 9.2 some materials will appear as normal polygons, but some show only their points in wireframe viewports, but appear correctly in shaded viewports. Here is a screengrab of what I am seeing.

06-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Butterfly has an upgrade which is handling 9.2 scenes fine for me - if you can't find it on the site just email Paul Lord.

though there is an occasional lwsn communication hang problem (after quite a few scenes & mant thousand frames) which has made me have to shutdown butterfly by brute force, then re-open & re-load scenes.