PDA

View Full Version : Expand "Shadow" Nodes Further, in Control Tree

CreatvGnius
06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I would really like to see NewTek (or a 3rd party concern at least), to make it possible to *resize* a shadow, and to *distort* a shadow from within Control Tree.

That is to say, once an image or clip is targeted for manipulation in Control Tree > Shadow, it would be nice to be able to keyframe a Shadow's...

* Size -- while giving it the ability to become fully separated from the image from which it is derived;
* Distort -- that is, to "bend it" along a user-defined axis -- all this, independent of affecting the appearance of the image from which the shadow is derived.

This Shadow Size and Shadow Distort functionality within SpeedEDIT, might then make possible, the gradual resizing and bending of a shadow so it follows, say movement along a "virtual floor/wall", or so it interacts with other objects in a scene, in a more convincing fashion.

I might imagine these 2 proposed features, relative to the "Shadows" node in Control Tree, could also have a usefulness beyond motion stills, but can't codify that inference, at the present time. [The upcoming Virtual Sets functionality in TC Pro and VT[5] may already something similar to this, yet automagically, of course...]

Perhaps I'm asking too much for an Editor, but I thought to toss this up for grabs, besides. What say you?

SBowie
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Perhaps I'm asking too much for an Editor, but I thought to toss this up for grabs, besides. What say you?I say, for the moment (until something more potent arrives), try expanding the "Italics" section in the Control Tree "Shadow" group ... :)

CreatvGnius
06-21-2007, 06:52 AM
I say, for the moment (until something more potent arrives), try expanding the "Italics" section in the Control Tree "Shadow" group ... :)

Duh!! For "bending the shadow", that would most definitely be a "Good Call", Stever! Thanks for the reminder. [Flicking my hat to the ground, while shaking my head in both shame and amazement...]

SBowie
06-21-2007, 07:00 AM
I suggested renaming that feature "Shear" way back in beta. "Italic" only seems to convey the notion correctly when in the CG.