PDA

View Full Version : Delete custom View Presets?

Russel
06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Howdy!

I'm reading through the Modeler manual and on pg 72 (lower right corner of the page) it tells how to set up viewport presets using the number keypad.

This is great and all, but I cannot delete any of these new presets (which I do not want to have implemented) - especially since they don't appear in the "edit keyboard shortcuts" window. I can't find any documentation that tells where to locate these specific presets so I can delete them. :eek:

Any help would be appreciated!

JamesCurtis
06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Most probably stored in one of the config files that LW creates.

Russel
06-19-2007, 10:34 PM
OK,

call me a newbie, (which I am), but I've looked in every folder and file that I could think of where LW may put a config file or a preset file or a preferences file - but to no avail.
Where does LW hide this particular item on a PC? ... or is it right in front of my face?
I can't believe that LW will allow to add a custom preset without the possibility of deleting it.

Second day using LW 9.2
Vista

BloodQuest
06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
The lines are in LWM9.cfg (probably C:\Documents and Settings\Username\LWM9.cfg) and start with the indicator

PanePreset

followed by the name you gave that preset or empy double quotes ("").

Simon

Russel
06-20-2007, 12:23 AM
That did it!

Just a little editing with notepad and its all back to normal! :beerchug:
Thank you very much for the tip!

-russ

(p.s. - I would like to clarify what I said earlier... I am new to Lightwave after being away for several years... I hope that counts as being "new" -- particularly since I seem to be learning it all over again)
I really appreciate the Lightwave community here... it is truly a supportive and helpful group.