PDA

View Full Version : Changing Viewport settings Crash Modeler

rqe3bc
06-19-2007, 11:47 AM
This just started today and I don't know why...

Open Modeler
Make a box
Set Any View to Texture Wire, Hidden Line, etc. - Zoom in, okay
Set Same View to something else - Zoom in, Crash! This will happen in any view that is chaged.

This has been happening consistently and it's driving me nuts!

Hub is disabled, config files are set up as per the instructions for 9.2. I also tried deleting all the config files and tried it again with no luck. Also tried re-booting - same thing.

Any ideas?
Thanks

MentalFish
06-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I have the same issue. Modeler keeps crashing all the time.

JamesCurtis
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Video card drivers up to date?

Zafar Iqbal
06-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm having odd crashes myself - on v7.5 which have been pretty stable up until now :|

I'm on a 8800GTS with the latest drivers - only Modeler crashes, and only when AA is enabled.

I can't create a driver profile for it - it's already added, but whenever I pick Modeler from it, Nvidia control panel crashes :|

So far I've only notice it crashing when a the I try to open a file, but drag the file window. Some gfx artifacts occur and if I drag it for too long, the entire computer will freeze.

Sound makes weird scratchy noise when doing it.

Yes, could disable AA fully, but thats not really a solution + I love using AA.

rqe3bc
06-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Well, it appears that the problem is related to my NVidia driver (I have the latest drivers but it's probably also because they are Evil Vista drivers :))

I uninstalled the driver, re-installed it again and Modeler appears to be working for now. Unfortunately, every time I start my computer now Vista seems to "forget" I have a video driver installed and sets the display to a default value, so I get to rinse and repeat.

I also found out that the latest Vista drivers for my sound card don't have a sound mix, so I can't record the music soundtrack I wrote :(

I miss my XP computer- it did everything! (Motherboard died a few months ago).

Just when I was starting to understand this modeling stuff thanks to Surrealist's excellent subpatch tutorials :)