PDA

View Full Version : Video Toaster 2 on XP

Jim Appleby
06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I have just installed XP on my toaster machine but of course it does not see the "Toaster". I remember there was a driver somewhere but cannot remember where. If anyone can point me in the right direction thanks in advance.

kleima
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
It should get installed when you install the VT software.

Jim Appleby
06-19-2007, 11:49 AM
It should get installed when you install the VT software.

But..What if I am purchasing SpeedEdit? I was told there is no "Toaster" driver with that software package as it has been designed to work with multiple products...not toaster specific.

I may have to order an XP version of Toaster 2 from Newtek..just did not wish to go through the hassle/expense to buy something I will no longer be using.

kleima
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I think that VT[2] should work with XP, but I don't know for sure since I upgraded to XP after I had VT[4]. SE does have a driver that allows it to use the VT card for output monitoring. However, I don't think that this gives provision for analog capture via the VT card without using the VT.

SBowie
06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I think that VT[2] should work with XP, but I don't know for sure since I upgraded to XP after I had VT[4]. SE does have a driver that allows it to use the VT card for output monitoring. However, I don't think that this gives provision for analog capture via the VT card without using the VT.As I recall, the very last VT[2] build worked with XP ...man that's a long time ago.

Bushmsn
06-19-2007, 11:20 PM
I think you have to get the new cd from newtek for it to work I think it's $29.99

inquisitive
06-20-2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.newtek.com/vt/downloads/3890.php

If you wish to run Windows XP, [you will need to purchase the CD.]

The link on that page no longer works thought.