PDA

View Full Version : Modeler strangeness_point object separation

wulfie
06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
The points move or rotate but the lines don't? So the object acts like it has become "detached" from it's points. I thought it was my vid card but I have repeated this on different machines by now. Is there a work around? LW 9.2 fix this? Thank you all very much!

Running LW 9.

Bev

Surrealist.
06-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Post a screen grab and let us know what tools you are trying to use, what you did to the object. Are you in subpatch? Are you trying to create polygons?

We'll get it sorted out.

hrgiger
06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I had some issues during some of the beta builds before 9.2 was released. They've since cleared up. It only happened on high polygon count models. I thought it might have had something to do with my computers (in)ability to process both evaluation of the model and translation/rotation of the model at the same time and it just needed a refresh to keep up.

Does this happen with all models? Is your mesh dense, meaning a lot of points?

wulfie
06-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Thank you so much for helping me with this.

I don't have a screen grab because the first time it happened I did something that fixed it.....I think I turned off sub d's. The model had only 862 polys. The second time it happened the model had maybe 1700 polys max. My student was copying my every move with exactly the same poly count on an identical machine. It did not happen to him. Both times I was trying to rotate something. I didn't think to save my object and had no time to troubleshoot. So far I haven't been able to predict when it's going to happen.

I start teaching animation camps of kids next week and I'll bet someone will manage to recreate the problem. I just hope they learn as much as I do. Today I learned that you can't put 10 workstations on the same electric circuit. When someone recreates the problem I will get a screen grab.

Thanks again!

Bev