PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling LW and licensing

hrgiger
06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Ok, what's the dealio? I just reinstalled Windows and then I went to reinstall Lightwave. I installed the Sentinel drivers from the registration page and my computer is reconizing my dongle as installed and ready for use. I tried using the registration Utility and it sees my dongle and gives me my dongle number and when I input my license key it tells me that the license key was succesfully written (although why it comes up in an error message instead of an info message, I couldn't tell you). But I still cannot get Lightwave to run in anything but Discovery mode. And yes, I'm using the correct lincese key from Newtek's registration page. What may be wrong here?

BloodQuest
06-18-2007, 11:03 PM
I'd go to Safenet's site and download newer Sentinel drivers.

Simon

BeeVee
06-19-2007, 06:21 AM
And is the Lock ID in the Registration Wizard the same as the Lock ID on your registration page?

B

hrgiger
06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep.

I'll try to download the drivers from the site when I get home. Thanks.

hrgiger
06-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Finally got around to installing the newest drivers for the superpro. Worked like a charm and I'm up and running again.

Newtek should really try to stay on top of drivers that enable their programs to work properly with their hardware lock. Just MHO of course.

bloontz
06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Newtek should really try to stay on top of drivers that enable their programs to work properly with their hardware lock. Just MHO of course.
I can't believe they are still posting drivers that don't work, that is just plain silly. I had the same issue months ago when I first upgraded to 9 and joined the beta.